Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dr. Inferno... I looked up "hoople". Strange word, but the description matches. Thanks... and I agree. Your guarantee was correct.

Comment

are you guys talking about my interpretation of the hooples??

------------------
      The information presented herein is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Comment

Hey MG: You the Man!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lumpy: Strange word, stranger people!!!!!

Comment

Hi guys-
          Metal Medic and I agreed on a certain posting in the 'meet and greet' forum awhile ago, and this topic got me thinking....

I've been reading one particular posting in this forum for awhile. One where many departments in close proximity to one another have very disparraging things to say about one another. This troubles me very deeply. If they were to talk a bunch of trash about each other on the forums, would they not do this on the fireground? This type of behavior is not only ignorant, but it's DANGEROUS to not only themselves but their fellow personnel as well. I respect that everyone has their own opinions (comwhite's analogy about one's rectal cavity, though popular, is still very true), but their are ways to tactfully point out your disagreements without buring bridges while you do it. Maybe someone from the department you're slamming is a forum member, and will remember that the next time your departments roll up on a big x bigger warehouse fire. We're all here to learn from one another. Our collective experiences in this service give us the knowledge to share with one another, so that we may learn to be safer, better prepared and better people. Personal attacks on individual people does little to accomplish this...Their are many people on these forums I have come to respect many people simply by their postings, like Captain Gonzo, Metal Medic, LHS (despite their apparant hatred for one another), BucksEng91, and many others. I feel them to be intilligent people, which much to share and a desire to learn. This should be all of our goals....I applaud them, and encourage many of the newer members on the forums to take a page from their playbooks.

One thing more, if I could...Please try to remember that TYPING IN ALL CAPS MEANS YOU'RE SHOUTING. WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS IT MEANS YOU'RE SPEAKING IN A LOUD MANNER. DON'T SCREAM UNLESS YOU REALLY MEAN TO. The tone of a posting can go a long way towards the replies you recieve.

Be safe always...

Comment

OK...I thought about what was asked in the opening post, and I hope I have my brain in gear before engaing my mouth.

I think I suffer from runitis of the mouth in some of my postings. I also think that I think about what is being said by others and subsequently myself BEFORE writing anything. There have been times when something that was said makes me just want to run off at the mouth and as I write i re-think the action and cancel the post until I have thought the proper way to say things.

I agree that in many of the postings that I see, there are some who constantly go at each other. I think the first time I posted I kind of felt I attacked a viewpoint of Shawn (LewistonCpt.) I went back later and added a posting to make sure he was not offended, that he understood that I was just staing my opinion, and my opinion in no way outweighs ANYONE elses.

In fact, I learn a LOT from these forums. Mostly people find a way for me to THINK about things. Ways that I had never thought of before I read the posting.

I want to take a moment here to apologize if I offend ANYONE in these forums by my responses. I want to thank everyone for posting their replies in that I have the opportunity to get a FRESH point of view in my mind. It has helped more than once. I also would like to say to those who always seem to get into ****ing matches on these forums to remember that we are all in this together. There are people that are just going to rub us the wrong way, but remember, you don't neccessarily have to like those you work with, but you must RESPECT them. We are all in this fight together, I don't care if you are 20 minutes away from one another or 3000+ miles away. We all suffer the losses the same when we lose a fellow brother/sister in a LODD.

Just my .02 on the matter.

Your brother in the Service
            Rob

Comment

SmokeEater31
              No offense taken from your response to my replies. I appreciate your apology.

And if I am guilty of diarhea(sp?) of the mouth. I apologize. I truly appreciate all of the knowledge that others have to share and that I can gain from these forums.

Thank you all.

------------------
              Shawn M. Cecula
              Captain
              Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Comment

Lumpy, my RS-10 brother keepin' it real....

Soon to be retired
                Jeff

Comment

It's not just you. I see posts from some here offering their "...OPION..." and I just wonder what in the world they were thinking. Ignorance here is not just shown through an open mouth, it is shown by failure to use the handy spellcheck feature.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X