No announcement yet.

Globe G-Extreme users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a quote on Advance outer shell for about $1500 a set (pants/coat). I can't imagine PBI is that much more. We've added several options to the quote as well. Once we get it lined out how we want it built, I think it'll be a bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by EFD217 View Post
      Thanks for the info. We thought the 2k was a little high. Even with the added material cost and NFPA changes since 2005. We originally were hoping for grant money to replace 130 sets but that fell thru. Probrably can only get 20 sets depending on cost w/ money that was set aside. On another note anyone have any positive or negative comments on Millenia as an outer shell material instead of Pbi Matrix?
      While we don't run the G-Xtreme, we're in the Cairns Reaxtion, which is very comparable. So much so that on our last order of Reaxtion coats someone at Globe sewed on G-Xtreme labels on the jackets instead of Reaxtion labels...

We run with the Millenia shell though, and I'm very happy with it. We pay more than the price listed above for our gear, but we have some options not listed above either. We're still below $2,000 per set for our last order, and this is to the new standard with the drag rescue device. We've also opted in the past for the "Dragonhide" instead of the leather on the knees and cuffs (which is currently unavailable), Project Fires trim on the coat, reflective striping on the trouser pockets, clip for a Steamlight on the chest, etc.

I'll try to find the last quote I got, which was for three sets of gear. We typically do better if we order quite a few sets at once.

We've never run PBI, so I can't tell you if Millenia is better in my opinion or not. I do know that after some use the Millenia is much more comfortable to wear than when new, and I haven't spent a cent on any repairs to the gear we've bought since we went to the Millenia shell, which I think has been three or four years now. Worst damage I have is some nametag lettering being damaged during some RIT training.
      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

I appreciate the info and if you could get that latest quote that would be great. Sounds like are specs are similiar. We are waiting for a set w/ the millenia outer shell to see what we think of it. Sound like it is very durable same price as the pbi matrix but lower tpp #'s. Thanks again

Comment

Globe G-Extreme

I was fortunate enough to get to upgrade to the Globe G-Exteme gear about a month or so ago and I absolutly LOVE it. I have always had a zipper on my turnout coat and have never had a problem with one. There is certainly no problems what so ever with the zipper. Hope this helps

Comment

EFD - will you send me a PM, and I'll copy you on the quote info...

This way I get reminded to send it to you, and I don't broadcast what our dealer is charging us to anyone in the world that could use it to their advantage in competing with them.
            "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

We use G-Extreme here in Alaska a with the zipper and we have had very good luck with it...best set of gear I have had...Our old gear had zippers on them ( GX-7 ) and I have had no trouble with it freezing up at -40

Comment

My Morning Pride had hooks which take some getting use to, but my Extreme is the zipper, which also takes getting use to.
                Do I prefer one over the other no. Does the zipper work, yea
                Josh Ball
                FF/EMT - Zoneton Fire Protection District
                PSO II - Louisville International Airport
                Deputy - Bullitt County Sheriff's Office

Comment

G-Extreem

I have been using G-Extreem for about 3 years now and the gear is good stuff holds up well but I dont like the suspenders and have gotten into a few jams with them. They seem to never stay tight and if you are doing work like pulling cellings or breaching a wall the straps will losen and fall off your shoulder and pinch your arm to your body. I had this happen a bunch of times in training and a few times on calls. Its happened to a bunch of guys on my department and we are working on a way to fix it.
                  It really sucks because if you dont catch it early the only way to get the suspender back on your shoulder is reach into your coat and pull it up. If you are wearing an SCBA forget about it you have to reach in and pull it up.

I am not sure if any other users are having this problem but it seems like a big problem in my department. Just thought I would put that out there!!
                  "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Comment

I've been using zipper / velco on my fire dex p84 for 3 years... and have never had a problem...

Comment

My dept. placed over 150 sets of G-Xtreme in service over a year ago, with no problems.

Comment

As of right now my career dept. uses morning pride with buttons and hooks,I like them... My volly company uses the Globe G-extreme with the zipper. I don't hate it but I deffinitely prefer the morning pride with the buttons!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ant195 View Post
                          I have been using G-Extreem for about 3 years now and the gear is good stuff holds up well but I dont like the suspenders and have gotten into a few jams with them. They seem to never stay tight and if you are doing work like pulling cellings or breaching a wall the straps will losen and fall off your shoulder and pinch your arm to your body. I had this happen a bunch of times in training and a few times on calls. Its happened to a bunch of guys on my department and we are working on a way to fix it.
                          It really sucks because if you dont catch it early the only way to get the suspender back on your shoulder is reach into your coat and pull it up. If you are wearing an SCBA forget about it you have to reach in and pull it up.

I am not sure if any other users are having this problem but it seems like a big problem in my department. Just thought I would put that out there!!
                          I have a stupidly cheap solution to this..I'll snag a few pics on Wednesday. It involves a few zip ties to limit the suspender fom loosening too far.
                          'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
                            I have a stupidly cheap solution to this..I'll snag a few pics on Wednesday. It involves a few zip ties to limit the suspender fom loosening too far.
                            I have a solution for crappy suspenders. I got tired of my suspenders never staying where I want them, so I bought a set for my career job from Fire Gear Suspenders, Radio Straps, and Truck Belts

I liked them so much that I purchased a second set of suspenders for my volunteer department gear. The volunteer department liked the suspenders so much that they started replacing ALL suspenders with these.

Comment

Been using zippered gear for about 4 years now. so much better. and i think faster then the snaps.
                              Hello. Fire dept.. You light'em, We fight'em!

"hard working, gear jamming, nail driving, "jake". "

IACOJ
                              4-16-2010 "On the approach"

Comment

Been using zippered gear for about 4 years now. so much better. and i think faster then the snaps or hooks.
                                Hello. Fire dept.. You light'em, We fight'em!

"hard working, gear jamming, nail driving, "jake". "

IACOJ
                                4-16-2010 "On the approach"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...