Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link to Virginia FFs In Flashover

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • captstanm1
    replied
    Thanks much for the update. If you click on the link above to www.thewatchdesk.com and then look in Virginia Forums, caroline County you will see a discussion also. I think there is even a post from one of their wives on there.

    God be with them both for a speedy recovery.

    Leave a comment:


  • tjonesCFD
    replied
    As of yesterday the breathing tube was removed from the firefighter still at MCV and like said before he is expected to make a full recovery. I'll keep you all updated as i hear things. Def. keep them in your prayers

    Leave a comment:


  • firefighter2454
    replied
    Horrible story that is a luckly situation that they made it out and cooler heads prevailed. They will be in my prayers. If you have anymore info please post.

    Leave a comment:


  • captstanm1
    replied
    Have not heard anymore. Trying to check with my Virginia contacts.

    Leave a comment:


  • ALSfirefighter
    replied
    I had some great firefighter friends in Caroline County, many I trained with in FF 1 and FF 2 run by Roger Raines. I was a member of Chancellor Vol. FD Company #6 in Spotsylvania County. I hope the brothers are ok and will heal quickly. I miss many of you guys from Ladysmith, Upper Caroline and Bowling Green and think of you often. I will keep the brothers in my prayers.

    Leave a comment:


  • MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Stan sent me a pm regarding as well, but CR "hit it" first

    Here is the article before it goes to archives:

    Injured firefighters jump from burning home

    Neither man was hurt jumping to the ground from the window 15-feet above, but both men were burned.

    Date published: 2/19/2007

    BY BILL FREEHLING Two members of a Caroline County volunteer fire department jumped to safety yesterday from a second-floor window of a burning house.

    Chief Brad Thomas and Capt. Eric Chenault of the Bowling Green Fire Department were on the second floor of a Paige Road house yesterday afternoon during a countywide fire response.

    The firefighters were trying to find the source of the blaze in the two-story wood house when a flash fire swept through the second floor about 12:45 p.m., said Assistant Chief Chris Corbin of the Bowling Green Fire Department.

    The flames burned through the hoses that held both their water and air.

    The stairs were burned, trapping them on the second floor.

    Corbin said a less-experienced firefighter might have panicked, which he said likely would have been deadly.

    But Thomas stayed calm enough in the dark, smoky room to find an alternative exit—-the window.

    “His training paid off,” Corbin said.

    Neither Thomas nor Chenault was hurt jumping to the ground from the window 15-feet above, Corbin said. But both men were burned.

    Thomas’ injuries were worse. He inhaled a significant amount of smoke and gas and suffered first- and second-degree burns from the waist up. His hands, arms and abdomen were burned the worst.

    Thomas was flown to the VCU Medical Center in Richmond. He’s in intensive care and is expected to remain at least through the week.

    Corbin said Thomas is sedated and has a breathing tube but is expected to fully recover.

    Thomas is in his early 30s, Corbin said. He’s married with two daughters.

    The lifelong Caroline resident had been chief of the Bowling Green department since November.

    Chenault’s neck, arms and ears had second-degree burns on them, Corbin said.

    He was driven to the VCU Medical Center by ambulance but has since been released. Chenault is in his early 20s and single.

    An elderly man lives alone at the Bowling Green house but was apparently at church during the fire. A small dog who was inside the house died in the blaze; Corbin thought it was a Chihuahua.

    Firefighters put out the blaze from outside after the two men jumped, Corbin said. The structure remained intact, but the inside was gutted.

    The cause is still under investigation, but it appears to be an accident. Corbin said the fire may have been smoldering for a while.

    Bill Freehling: 540/374-5424 [email protected]

    Date published: 2/19/2007

    Leave a comment:


  • captstanm1
    replied
    Local paper Story

    http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2.../02192007/fire

    Leave a comment:


  • captstanm1
    replied
    Try this one.

    Scroll down the page and you will find more information as the thread continues. Apparently there was a flashover, they had to bail and there was a possibility that an SCBA failed or was incapacitated due to the heat. I tried to find newspaper reports from local sources but could not find anything.

    http://www.thewatchdesk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=27961

    Leave a comment:


  • ChiefReason
    replied
    Stan;
    Link doesn't work.
    CR

    Leave a comment:


  • ChiefReason
    started a topic Link to Virginia FFs In Flashover

    Link to Virginia FFs In Flashover

    Capstann asked me to post this, because he couldn't get it to work.
    Virginia Firefighters Caught in Flashover.

    Two firefighters in Caroline County Virginia got caught in a flashover this weekend. Also had some SCBA problems it appears. I tried the local papers but could find no more than what is here.

    http://www.thewatchdesk.com/forum/sh...5#post33 5175
    CR
    Last edited by ChiefReason; 02-19-2007, 10:59 PM.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X