X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tajm611
    replied
    Originally posted by abnoxious View Post
    Ephedrine is dangerous and banned by the FDA, end of story.

Weight loss pills really aren't necessary because good old fashioned diet and exercise will do the trick every time. Not to mention 95% of weight loss pills online are harmful, scams, or ineffective. If you really want to you can take some natural supplements like green tea and cayenne to facilitate weight loss, but I wouldn't count on a miracle pill.
    Ephedrine was never dangerous when used correctly. Too much ephedrine in an out of shape person doing strenuous activity is dangerous. Too much of anything is dangerous, you can die of water intoxication, doesn't make water dangerous. Try looking up information yourself instead of regurgitating what you've been told to think.

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    You could always join the Marine Corps and lose 35 pounds like I did at boot camp.

But seriously, stay away from the "fat burner" supplements. If you read the package it says it only works with a good diet and exercise program. So just get a good diet going and get a good exercise program going as well. Also, if you mix weights into your exercise program, don't focus on your weight as much as your measurements. While I was in Iraq I was hitting the weights hard. I stayed at a constant 220 lbs. at 6'2". But I always had a good waist to neck ratio. I always taped out even though by looking at the scale I should have been overweight. I had a high muscle content, which weighs more than fat. Anyway, hope this helps. Have fun with it whatever you do, or it won't work.

Leave a comment:

• sTages19
    replied
    first i havent read this thread just saw the bump. firstly, a lot of the supps now are just caffeine, if thats your thing get some caffeine pills and save the money on all those "special supps". secondly everyone saying ephedrine is dangerous, i feel you havent done your research. as for the guy who was overseas yes it would be very dangerous in that situation given the heat. all known adverse affects of ephedrine were due to misuse. when used properly it was effective in what it did, but most people see it work a little and think, "oh im just gonna take 5 more today and not work out, thatll do the trick" ignorance is what makes things like this dangerous.

also, no i have never used ephedrine but do feel that it gets a bad rap due to misuse by people who would take it and not keep up on water intake as well as proper diet and exercise.

Leave a comment:

• trauma308
    replied
    My apologies for commenting on a resurrected thread, but it is a valid point. While I was in the military, my unit banned the use or possession of any supplements similar Hydroxycut. The reason being that we had several heat exhaustion/heat stroke incidents in a short time on one deployment, all involving someone who was taking these sorts of supplements.
    Figure in that we do an awful lot of hard work with plenty of heavy gear, and you could quickly have the same problem. Lose weight the way it was meant to be done: put down the fork/xbox controller/remote, get off the couch, and get moving one way or another!

Leave a comment:

• abnoxious
    replied
    Yeah it's an old topic but the info is still relevant. Ephedrine is still banned, but companies continue to market it. It sickens me to see a dangerous product get popular for the second time...

Leave a comment:

• KJ4XXX
    replied
    Originally posted by abnoxious View Post

Weight loss pills really aren't necessary because good old fashioned diet and exercise will do the trick every time. Not to mention 95% of weight loss pills online are harmful, scams, or ineffective. If you really want to you can take some natural supplements like green tea and cayenne to facilitate weight loss, but I wouldn't count on a miracle pill.
    Man did you resurrect that one outta the archives. 2007!...

Leave a comment:

• abnoxious
    replied
    Originally posted by DobermanXXL View Post
    Hydroxycut used to work when it had ephedrine in it, since they took that ingredient out its pretty much a bunk supplement like most are.

Leave a comment:

• Ironwillsc937
    replied
    Use ZEUS To accomplish this.........

Hey everyone, I have been involved in the 911 field for 18 years now, the last two being a patrol Sgt. The thing that really annoys me is that these "fine citiziens" we deal with are getting bigger and stronger and my officres are getting hurt......I've been the strength coach for a lot of guys who went on to play in the NHL, 23 in fact... they are all using these two great new supplements...and I want to even the odds for our brothers and sister's in blue and red...I have been in many pro training rooms and right now the pro's are using a new stable form of Creatine called Purple K Creatine...amazing benefits, no side effects like bloating, cramps or water retention...the other new innovative supplement s ZEUS, its a natural stimulant that gets your body to produce more of it's own testosterone.... both are in compliance with the CCES and WADA as well as the NCAA

Both can be found at www.hockeysupplements.com as of this Friday

If you want training advice let me know...Train the way the pro's do...

Fraternally yours...Doug

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Worked for Anna Nicole Smith.Trimspa baby! T.C.

Leave a comment:

• TAFDTruck5FF
    replied
    Originally posted by superchef View Post
    To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. How many days a week do you workout? What kind of cardio do you do? If your body is not changing then change your workout. Don't do the same thing every time. The way to lose weightis to eat healthy and exercise. That means more chicken and fish, veggies, fruits, whole grains. Cut out the high fat, refined sugars.

Supplements are a waste of money.
    Yep, this all it takes... It all about what you put in vs what you burn-out... I cleaned up my eating habits back during Dec. of last year no refined sugars, all natural Fats from fish,flax oil, Natural p-butter, and today i've cut close 35 pounds of bodyfat... For me I started at 349 and 38% bodyfat today I'm 302 and at 27% bodyfat... Shooting for 15%... I do cardio 5-6 days week and lift 3 days a week....

The only Supplements that I use are Whey protein, Fish oil, Flax oil...

Jason

Leave a comment:

• lightsandsound
    replied
    I know a girl that used to ride a bike that had no seat......weeeeeeeee!!!

.....I don't think she useed hydroxicut though.

Seriously though, if something is offering results that seem too good to be true, they probably are.......The first thing is to acknowledge that you are fat and need to commit to hard work hard and commitment.

Hello, my name is Steve.......and I'm fat.......

.....See? ....easy.

Leave a comment:

• Godsmack
    replied
    Try This!!

Try this I found this works awesome,
    1st Take bicycle seat off bike
    2nd take your hand slap yourself really hard
    3rd run up to a stranger punch them in the face
    4th start running and let them try to attack you
    5th go home take what happened with stranger take out on your old lady
    6th as she packs her stuff up kick her in the head
    7th find your local police officer ask him what kind of jelly donut they eat
    8th call up your fire chief and cry about the bluelight law
    9th while working out run around scream like a girl
    and finally to lose weight

eat twinkies,cupcakes,and anything else you can find stuff all in your mouth swallow hard and enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by trainforpain120 View Post
    It depends on what hydroxcut you are talking about hydroxcut hardcore my muscletech sells out a everytime we get a shipment in but the other hydroxcut that isn't my muscletech is a waste of money.
    Another waste of money?

Punctuation.

Leave a comment:

• trainforpain120
    replied
    It depends on what hydroxcut you are talking about hydroxcut hardcore my muscletech sells out a everytime we get a shipment in but the other hydroxcut that isn't my muscletech is a waste of money.

Leave a comment:

• JHR1985
    replied
    I have some GNC protein shakes that I used to use to replace snacking... and when I snack.... I can gulp down a whole large pizza....

So it kinda was a benefit to me.

My first physical at work... i weighed like 164.... but that was after a two week kidney stone process

Last year was like 171...

This year... I'm hoping for like 175 but around a 5-10% body fat would be great. My first year was 8 and last year was 11.

But, like I said, the two week crack diet will do wonders for your shape. I would gurantee success.

For a more detailed plan, please send $89.95 to me and I will get you a detailed plan that includes but is not limited:

How to run from the Cops
    How to hold up a convience store
    And how to convince others that its perfectly healthy to be up for 96 hours straight drinking nothing but coffee and a extra non-dairy added "energy kicker"

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X