The Law (FCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    I just got off the phone with Asst Chief Harris from the Rocky Mount Fire Dept. He did confirm once again that this moron has no affiliation with their department at all. He also said the frequency in question is one used by the rural areas of the county. If this moron tries to impersonate someone from his department again, the police will be involved.

I'll be calling the county next.
    now this looks like fun !!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

If they deleted the "i need a pager" thread, they should delete every post from him! It's all lies.

Comment

I thought the Police were involved, I mean he stated the following quiet clearly....

I am also the Communications Director for the Rocky Mount Police Explore post 774
        You mean he told a wee lie there.

By the way Rocky Mount Police

Gives the details for this Explorer Post and the nice officers involved phone numbers and email addresses.

Just in case anyone is interested.
        Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 02-15-2007, 05:29 PM.
        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

What in the hell did I miss?

WOW!!!!!

Can someone fill me in on what I missed? I've been perty busey here in central IL the last two days (12-17 in of snow plus gusty winds= busey fire dept and alot of stuck friends) so I didn't have time to sign on. What started all of this. I know that this kid started a bunch of $#!%, but who is he really? Are any of his posts credible (it doesn't seem like it)? Why did he lie so much? His explanation doesn't explain anything.

Comment

I'm kinda lost too (and I read it all from the beginning).......smells kinda wannabe/whackerish to me

Comment

Originally posted by AlexYates View Post
              Dose the FCC laws say that you can not get a 2m ham radio and put your county fire frequency in it? A lot of firefighters are doing it now...
              They quit making radios out of two meters of ham the same time they quit making televisions out of salami. Join the 21st 1/2 century, man.
              Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
                They quit making radios out of two meters of ham the same time they quit making televisions out of salami. Join the 21st 1/2 century, man.
                But... if you can put two coconuts, a bicycle powered generator and some wire together.. you can make a recieving radio like the Professor did on Gilligan's Island!
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by tfdping1018 View Post
                  WOW!!!!!

Can someone fill me in on what I missed? I've been perty busey here in central IL the last two days (12-17 in of snow plus gusty winds= busey fire dept and alot of stuck friends) so I didn't have time to sign on. What started all of this. I know that this kid started a bunch of $#!%, but who is he really? Are any of his posts credible (it doesn't seem like it)? Why did he lie so much? His explanation doesn't explain anything.
                  it would take like 3 days to explain it to you, its that bad!

Comment

I know a few Ham operators who use modified ham gear as GMRS radios. A couple have programed them for business frequencies they use at work. Yes it's technically illegal but as long as they don't jam the local GMRS repeater or have a problem with the business radio owner I doubt the FCC will bother to investigate or otherwise get involved.
                    Steve
                    EMT/Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
                      Who's colette? She sounds cute.

I used to rock climb with a Colette... Gorgeous spunky little redhead whom loved being tied into some Dynamic... (on a harness ya perverts)

I'll have to go find her again... i just became single again!

-Damien

Comment

Originally posted by DFurtman View Post
                        I used to rock climb with a Colette... Gorgeous spunky little redhead whom loved being tied into some Dynamic... (on a harness ya perverts)

I'll have to go find her again... i just became single again!

-Damien
                        Well, I have an Ex I can send you....

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                          Well, I have an Ex I can send you....
                          FedEx? only if she comes with a bag of lime and a shovel...

-Damien

Comment

Originally posted by cellblock View Post
                            I know a few Ham operators who use modified ham gear as GMRS radios. A couple have programed them for business frequencies they use at work. Yes it's technically illegal but as long as they don't jam the local GMRS repeater or have a problem with the business radio owner I doubt the FCC will bother to investigate or otherwise get involved.
                            'Tis true. The FCC will focus on actual abuses and usually ignore well-intentioned rulebending that causes no harm, within reason. I am a licensed ham, and modified my tri-band HT so that I could talk on my regular FD freqs as well as my employer (power company). I already used the radio for both jobs anyway so I wasn't appearing anywhere I was not already authorized to be. Sure was nice to use my little Kenwood for all than drag around both of the officially-issued radios (if I was chatting with my ham friends the HT was with me anyway and I sure looked like a technogeek whacker). For heavy duty exposure the Kenwood got parked, it would not appreciate much rain or snow and wouldn't last 15 seconds in a structure fire.

In my new locale, my employer power company favors phones over the radio, my FD service area does not overlap my employer power company's area, and my new FD uses 800Mhz anyway. So much for that.

I cannot believe I just contributed to keeping this thread alive, I'll have to go to confession now.

The best part is watching nmfire lead the takedown. If we were merely feeding the troll it would be a waste of everyone's time, but the hunt makes it worthy.
                            Last edited by ElectricHoser; 02-15-2007, 11:41 PM.
                            You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
                            IACOJ Power Company Liason
                            When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
                            and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Comment

I love lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Chazz2771 View Post
                                I'm kinda lost too (and I read it all from the beginning).......smells kinda wannabe/whackerish to me
                                Oh you have no idea. This guy is the Vince Lombardi of whackers!!!
                                Jason Knecht
                                Firefighter/EMT
                                Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                                Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                                http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                                EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse