Cost of the new FDNY Rescue 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
    too much, the current one is still going strong.
    LOL! Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post
      I dont mean to sound like a jerk.... but.... for the cost of most fire appartus and the way the cost is rising.... I dont think many departments get their money worth out of it.

Especially in Busy Urban departments where 1/2 the time the rig is in the shop and the replacement backup rig is right next to it.

The cost of new trucks and such is outragous and the quality of most is lacking to say
      This truck is going to New York FDNY correct? I'd say they probably run more calls in one month (with this truck) then alot of peoples fd do in a year. As I said they'll get their dollars use out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
        We've just finished (I think we're finished, you know how Committees are ) designing a replacement for our 1992 Spartan/Marion Heavy Rescue. The FDNY Rig looks pretty close to what we have come up with, and yes, a Pierce. The old one is still going strong, but as some have said, with the help of our Shop. Old one is at www.gdvfd18.com but the new design isn't up yet. It will be Black over Chrome Yellow, same as our '05 Pierce Engine.
        I think you mean that your rig looks pretty close to the fdny rig.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
          We've just finished (I think we're finished, you know how Committees are ) designing a replacement for our 1992 Spartan/Marion Heavy Rescue. The FDNY Rig looks pretty close to what we have come up with, and yes, a Pierce. The old one is still going strong, but as some have said, with the help of our Shop. Old one is at www.gdvfd18.com but the new design isn't up yet. It will be Black over Chrome Yellow, same as our '05 Pierce Engine.
          What is it going to cost you?

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
            I really hope that was meant to be sarcastic.
            Very much so, can't say I've ever had major issues with Pierce, though, this will be a test.
            'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Does anyone know how many calls a year that Rescue 1 runs? What is the busiest rescue in NYC?
              Real men wear kilts. www.forourfallen.org

Comment

Originally posted by GFDLT1 View Post
                Does anyone know how many calls a year that Rescue 1 runs? What is the busiest rescue in NYC?
                About 3300. R2 ran about 3500.
                Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

R1 and R2 usually do about the same # of runs , but R2 catches alot more working jobs than any other Rescue Co. in the city.

Comment

How come everyone is so worrried about the cost? Nobody complains when some small vollie dept pays $2 million to out-do the neighboring towns dept.

I know I'll take some heat for this, but I see it happen all the time.
                    "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

Comment

Originally posted by swarmy View Post
                      How come everyone is so worrried about the cost? Nobody complains when some small vollie dept pays $2 million to out-do the neighboring towns dept.

Actually, I could care less how much they (FDNY) or anyone else spends on a truck, helmet, or sandwich. We are buying a new rescue. I wanted to know how much they spent. We are not a "vollie" dept., and are not trying to "out-do" anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CTJAKE View Post
                        Actually, I could care less how much they (FDNY) or anyone else spends on a truck, helmet, or sandwich. We are buying a new rescue. I wanted to know how much they spent. We are not a "vollie" dept., and are not trying to "out-do" anyone.
                        CTJAKE

Sorry Bro, I wasn't directing my statement at you. I know that prices are rising, and I know that research is important for spec teams.

I was talking about people in this forum with no ties to FDNY who were speculating about the condition of the current Rescue 1. I was also refurring to those who automatically stated that FDNY paid too much (without knowing the price). This is one of the busiest Rescues in the world. Who are we to complain? If they need a new unit (and are getting one that meets their needs), good for them.
                        "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

Comment

Originally posted by swarmy View Post

I happen to purpose that the prices of equipment wouldn't be so high, if people didn't try and out do each other with fancier crap. Prices only go up when the supplier knows someone has to pay the higher price. If the buyer stops asking for things that make that tag go higher, the seller has no justification
                          Co 11
                          Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Comment

Way off topic..........

But nice slideshow Harve......good music and good pics/video. Nice work!
                            Jason Knecht
                            Firefighter/EMT
                            Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                            Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                            http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                            EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

They replace rescues at 5 year intervals as opposed to the 10 year 11 month intervals for every other rig. My current truck is a 2000 75ft that is a POS. We have a new one waiting for us in NJ but the City has yet to accept it. Probably have to go back out to the Rock to familiarize us again on it. We were supposed to get it last October. I just hope the AC works! Only thing worse is no heat!

Comment

Well............

Originally posted by kingofdahill View Post
                                I think you mean that your rig looks pretty close to the fdny rig.
                                To answer a bunch of Questions:

Kingofdahill: Naw, Man, FDNY has been trying to keep up with us for years.....

CTJake: Don't have a firm figure back yet. Stay Tuned.

Dickey: Thanks Bro.

Swarmy: No offense taken. As a "Volley" (I thought "Vollies" were when a number of guns were Fired in sequence) one thing that I have to get used to is understanding other folks direction. As you may have guessed, we don't use the term Volley here. Career and Volunteer are the two of choice. And, we design our Apparatus to reflect the work that we expect to do, not what gets us ahead of the next outfit down the road. We do spec things like Aluminum Wheels, Rotoray Lights, etc. because that's what works for us. Our 2005 Pierce Engine has a LOT of lights on it. It also has multiple sirens. We NEED this stuff to be seen and heard in the environment that we live in.

To the person from Sister Bay, Wisconsin, who emailed me: My reply email to you wouldn't go thru. Send me another without going thru FH. I'm at [email protected]
                                Last edited by hwoods; 02-10-2007, 10:27 PM.
                                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                                In memory of
                                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X