Knoxville collapse caught on film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoxville collapse caught on film

Pretty dramatic footage of the warehouse fire collapsing.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu7_2_1

Picked this up from the Fire-L mailing list.

-H
    "The uniform you wear was given to you. The respect that comes with it must be earned."

Heretic
    Lieutenant
    Vermont

why doesn't it appear that a collapse zone was in effect? That apparatus/personnel was entirely too close.

Comment

WOW thak god noone hurt or killed in that
      Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Comment

Thank god they all got out safe.
        Jason Knecht
        Firefighter/EMT
        Township Fire Dept., Inc.
        Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
        http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
        EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Wowsers!
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Ah, hello? Collapse Zone? Safety Officer? Anyone?...

(sorry to sound like a Monday morning QB, but WTF was that truck and those guys doing parked in the street THAT close to the bldg. THAT far along in the job?)

Thankfully, nobody got caught in the collapse and equipment can always be replaced...
            No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

So, nice to see I wasn't the only one wondering why there was no collapse zone set up. (Thankfully no one was seriuosly injured or killed!)
              "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
              - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

Someone could have got killed or worse!
                IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

The above comment is an old inside joke if you didn't notice!
                  IAFF member, Love this job! Remember the oath!

Comment

????

I know we dont know what goes on when we aint on some scenes and we critic it, but that is basics, if you that close were taught to be at the corner of a building, but that well involved why were they even that close, and it looks like it was a quint, why wasnt the stick in the air? Questions questions........I am happy that no one was killed....

Comment

Cool footage. They do seem to be a bit close, good thing no one was injuried.
                      Vintage Firefighter: The older I get, the braver I was.

Comment

From the footage and the overhead view the "warehouse" appears to have about six frontages. Maybe the truck was set at the corner but when the fire spread they were in a bad spot. Just a guess. Just glad no one was hurt.

Comment

Monday morning Qbing is an awesome thing, isn't it??

Comment

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post
                            Monday morning Qbing is an awesome thing, isn't it??
                            Not always. But sometimes the only way people learn is through mistakes. Not every incident should be QB'd. And I have not watched the video, I may or I may not. However, I'd rather learn from someone else's mistake, than get injured or killed because I didn't want to learn.

NO fireground operation ever goes PERFECT. Find the mistakes. Go back to the kitchen table, get a cup of coffee and LEARN from them. Thats the difference between a good company and a sh*t one.
                            Co 11
                            Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Comment

Originally posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
                              Not always. But sometimes the only way people learn is through mistakes. Not every incident should be QB'd. And I have not watched the video, I may or I may not. However, I'd rather learn from someone else's mistake, than get injured or killed because I didn't want to learn.

NO fireground operation ever goes PERFECT. Find the mistakes. Go back to the kitchen table, get a cup of coffee and LEARN from them. Thats the difference between a good company and a sh*t one.
                              Of course I understand that you do a debriefing about incidents, EMS and Fire. And I know that there are about a zillion and one ways to do something and that nothing ever goes just how you want it.

However no one on this thread was there, yet I see people piling on about this incident as if they were....everyone is all of the sudden an expert.

That's all I was saying.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X