Fired for whistle-blowing in N.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WakeEastSide View Post
    Lets see...By no means am I trying to defend the Fire Dept. for burning the remains of the house, that IS illegal. They have already been fined by the State. Done deal! However, some other things are bothering me about everyones comments. Everyone is quick to make judgements. I am from that side of the County,. I have many friends on that side. Landscape work! Small departments handle thier own landscaping, the truck he was driving, from what I have heard, was used to get good dirt from another location that was donated to the department to beautify a bare soil lot that the fire department fixed up with beautiful grass and a new sign. Whats wrong with that? It benefited the department. Training! Every time I look on the Tech Web-site, there is some kind of training going on over there. If this guy is employed full-time, the Shift Captain has the responsibility to train his men. I know my Captain makes sure we do some kind of training during the day. From what I have heard, one guy came from another department and did not have much of a reputation there. Its pretty bad when your home department will not hire you. Think about that. New guy, just do what you are told! The other guy, who has been silent up to this point, might have a case to go on. We will see. Has anyone looked into his past? Write-ups, bad attitude, reckless driving? Is it a coincidence that they got released during all this? Who knows! Everyone has talked alot of junk about that particular department, however, there are some good guys over there that are trying to do the right thing, lets not forget about them.
    OK, lets try this one more time. I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE PAID STAFF, IT WAS THE ADMIN. If you actually knew who I was then you would now I still talk to the staff over there. When I was driving the dump truck it wasn't about doing the landscaping, it was about being away from the station and being down a man when you only have 3 men on your crew. Everthing you see on Techs. web-site is class room courses that I have already taken and did sit in on but it's not hands on training with the people you work with. You say you I didn't have much of a reputation at my Dept. that I am at, well why dont you call and talk to people who actually know me and see what they say(not hearsay like you are spreading). I'am sorry that you are like a puppet and just do what you are told. I am not going to "DO WHAT I AM TOLD" when it is the wrong thing to do. If your Captian told you to rob a bank, would you "DO WHAT YOU TOLD". I mean there both illegal. Aparentlly you didn't see what I wrote last so I will say it again " the chief tlod me he would give me a recomendation letter. my driving record ,well lets see, I drive a truck for a livivng so it can't be bad if I have a job. So once again, if you done know me please don't pass judgement until you find out the facts. Thank you

Comment

Years ago, in a town far away, while country music wafted through the air,
      a certain Captain, an American captain, took the engine to the local grocery. Although standard practice was/is that the engineer stays with the engine, he took everyone inside to shop - perhaps training on the proper way to plunk a melon.

Two other firefighters from that department were passing by that day, and saw this lonely engine sitting there. They decided that engine had been sitting in the sun way too long, and moved it to the shade. Around behind the building was the shady spot. They then went to the other part of the parking lot and waited, listening on a personal radio to Firecom. They did not want the crew to miss their engine if they actually got a call.

Soon after, the Captain and his merry band appeared on the front sidewalk, and looked for their engine. In two shakes of a lambs tale, (have you ever shaken a lambs tale? Oh well, thats a story for another day) the Captain was on the RADIO to Firecom, wondering if anyone saw his engine......

I know there are a couple on here that used to be on that department.....

(the captain was sort of famous for having his own personal fire department, I suppose he could have gotten a replacement from his backyard....)

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
        Years ago, in a town far away, while country music wafted through the air,
        a certain Captain, an American captain, took the engine to the local grocery. Although standard practice was/is that the engineer stays with the engine, he took everyone inside to shop - perhaps training on the proper way to plunk a melon.

Two other firefighters from that department were passing by that day, and saw this lonely engine sitting there. They decided that engine had been sitting in the sun way too long, and moved it to the shade. Around behind the building was the shady spot. They then went to the other part of the parking lot and waited, listening on a personal radio to Firecom. They did not want the crew to miss their engine if they actually got a call.

Soon after, the Captain and his merry band appeared on the front sidewalk, and looked for their engine. In two shakes of a lambs tale, (have you ever shaken a lambs tale? Oh well, thats a story for another day) the Captain was on the RADIO to Firecom, wondering if anyone saw his engine......

I know there are a couple on here that used to be on that department.....

(the captain was sort of famous for having his own personal fire department, I suppose he could have gotten a replacement from his backyard....)
        I'd be careful doing that if I were you. Some guys on the vandalism thread would have you, fired, arrested, and jailed for grand theft fire engine......
        I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF View Post
          I'd be careful doing that if I were you. Some guys on the vandalism thread would have you, fired, arrested, and jailed for grand theft fire engine......

Of course, I was not involved, nor would I ever do such a thing.....................

And believe me, he would have prosecuted if he could...

Comment

If you would look at other postings, everyone sends someone out to do a job and are away from the station. You are whining again. Get over it. My Captain sends me everywhere, I dont complain. Classes, lets see, I am an EMT, my department does not require that. So, classes that I need, that I have acquired on my own, my responsibility! Hands-on training? Sounds like the department needs to talk to the Captain. Thats his Job. I have heard of your former Captain, I do have remorse for you on that one. LOL! Trust me, I know more than you think. Do you really think after going to the news media that you will get a letter of recomendation? Please. Let me say this, no I do not agree with what happened to you, but dragging the department to the news media has got to stop. I have many friends over there, have you thought about what they are having to go through now because of this? I am sorry for yours and their situation. I hope things work out for all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by WakeEastSide View Post
              If you would look at other postings, everyone sends someone out to do a job and are away from the station. You are whining again. Get over it. My Captain sends me everywhere, I dont complain. Classes, lets see, I am an EMT, my department does not require that. So, classes that I need, that I have acquired on my own, my responsibility! Hands-on training? Sounds like the department needs to talk to the Captain. Thats his Job. I have heard of your former Captain, I do have remorse for you on that one. LOL! Trust me, I know more than you think. Do you really think after going to the news media that you will get a letter of recomendation? Please. Let me say this, no I do not agree with what happened to you, but dragging the department to the news media has got to stop. I have many friends over there, have you thought about what they are having to go through now because of this? I am sorry for yours and their situation. I hope things work out for all of you!

I am not trying to sound like a whinner, I am just standing up for myself. The Dept. went to the news not me, I just told the trueth and never said anything again to the news. The whole story about me being away from the station(I was away from the station not only for an hour or so like everyone thinks, I was away all day for TWO CYCLES) is blown out of proportion. The EMT was a deal I made "BEFORE" I was hired. I like all, wait, most of the people at EWFD.

Comment

If I remember correctly, you were the one on the news sitting in your chair at your house. The department had to respond to the news when the crews busted up in their fire station.

The watch desk quote you posted--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopefuly we will start to hear more in the media. someone needs to expose them "

Soon after that it was on the news! Do you really think they would go to news first?

Comment

Hauling dirt, all day for 2 cycles?

that is crazy to haul dirt all day for 2 cycles! did you drive from 7am to 7pm?how many loads did you haul? for sure the dept didnt have to haul that much dirt. i was reading ahead and it said somthing about you were worried because your crew didnt have but a total of 3 guys and your thought all should be at the station to run calls due to a small dept. so you shouldnt be away from the station hauling dirt. well why do you think they should make a exception for you to leave the dept to take emt, when it isnt required?but then again you say all 3 should remain at the station at all times? bro you are confusing me. sound to me you need to get your facts straight and make up your mind!

Comment

these are the times I thank God I work where I do. None of this BS. Majority of Departments here require EMT as a stipulation for employment. You get it in rookie school regardless of holding a card or not. I can't believe what Im reading..of all the firemen each of us knows, a few still find it necessary to label this guy a whiner. after JUST reading the stories we've been given? Of all the brothers you know, THIS GUY IS A WHINER? I know guys that b*tch and moan,oh i dont know 10 times more than this guy? About the most assisnine s#!t you can think of. You know, the typical fireman, haha. But this guy? You gotta be kidding me. Part of being in the brotherhood is that whole silly concept of making sure we all come back for another day...that includes calling Bull on a stunt like this.

As far as bringing in the media, bring it brother. He doesn't have a Local e-Board or Shatberger to do his dirty work for him. Hell, living off of NC's wages from when I was in Fayetteville theres no way I could afford a lawyer, either. The brother is totally in the right for doing what he did. Look at how the mutts canned him!! At freaking midnight! Made him strip off his dept clothes in the bay. WTF PEOPLE. Then hes gotta go home to Momma and tell her like that. You better believe youre gonna get the heat turned up for that.

He got a job, didn't matter where, he got the job that so many want. Maybe not the #1 place on his list, but the job nevertheless. Yeah, he didn't fit in. Too foward thinking for the brothers in East Wake Fire and Rescue, eh? God d*mn rookie wanting time off already. Its not to improve the service he provides to their customers or anything stupid like that... Hey, we all know the quote..."200 years of tradition...."

Just so happens tradition at East Wake involves some recreational burns, alittle bit of dirt work for private industry and brother f*cking, all on the citizens dime.
                    Last edited by MattyS; 03-06-2007, 03:50 AM. Reason: too bad they dont teach spelling in rookie school, too..
                    The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
                    KTF | DTRT

Comment

Originally posted by NCFireRescue View Post
                      that is crazy to haul dirt all day for 2 cycles! did you drive from 7am to 7pm?how many loads did you haul? for sure the dept didnt have to haul that much dirt. i was reading ahead and it said somthing about you were worried because your crew didnt have but a total of 3 guys and your thought all should be at the station to run calls due to a small dept. so you shouldnt be away from the station hauling dirt. well why do you think they should make a exception for you to leave the dept to take emt, when it isnt required?but then again you say all 3 should remain at the station at all times? bro you are confusing me. sound to me you need to get your facts straight and make up your mind!
                      The whole EMT situation was prearranged, I had someone planed to be at the station while I was gone(3 hours a night) unlike no one there when I was moving the dirt(would you like to know what I had for breakfest also and when I used the restroom). All the people that don't believe me about not going to the media first well all I can say is do your reserch(I for one would have told them to spell my name correct and check the dates on the articles to prove I didn't go to them). Or even better talk to the people at the dept. and they will tell you they talked first, I just defended myself.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X