Possible LODD's - Winnipeg, MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible LODD's - Winnipeg, MB

Only speculation at this time, CTV reporting 2 LODD's in a possible backdraft with another FF seriously hurt.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
    Firefighter
    Eureka District Fire Department

I pray it IS a rumour, but it doesn't sound good.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

It's not good... http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/...-winnipeg.html

My heart goes out to the families of our fallen brothers/sisters
      Firefighter
      Eureka District Fire Department

Comment

Sorry to hear that....We lost a FF in a similar situation this past summer.
        The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

Just saw a quick report a news break

My sincere condolences to the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Services and the families of the fallen. My thoughts and prayers are with those injured.
          Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 02-05-2007, 02:30 AM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to the lost firefighters' family, friends, and fellow brothers. A full and speedy recovery for those injured.

Comment

Rest In Peace Brothers !

Firedog21
              I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

A few more details ...

Two Winnipeg firefighters die fighting housefire
                05/02/2007 1:00:37 AM
                Printer-friendly page

Two firefighters are dead after a major flash engulfed them in a burning Winnipeg home Sunday night.

Two Winnipeg firefighters die fighting housefire

The fire started out routine, but then spiralled out of control. Firefighters were still battling it at last report.

Alex Forest, president of the United Fire Fighters of Winnipeg, said a flashover hit the men.

He described the phenomenon as "a sudden, violent burst of flames at extreme temperatures that our protective equipment can't protect us from.

"Our gear protects us to hundreds of degrees Celsius, so it was just unthinkable," Forrest said.

He had the task of bringing the dead men's families in to see their bodies. Both men were senior captains with more than 30 years experience.

At least three or four other firefighters were injured, one very seriously, he said. "It's a tremendous tragedy for Winnipeg."

The blaze burned intensely, even in the -39-degrees-Celsius temperatures.

Aerial television images showed the home lighting up the surrounding neighbourhood.

About 15 to 20 surrounding homes were evacuated.

Shaken area residents watched the scene unfold.

"It's just been them trying to pull out firemen. One after another they were pulling them out into the ambulances," Mark Lemont told CTV Winnipeg.

"They were just trying to get them out. everyone was yelling for medics. Trying to be as calm as it can be. but it looked pretty bad."

One report indicated one stricken firefighter was convulsing.

Neighbours say two teenagers were in the home. They were studying in the basement when the fire broke out, but got out safely.

The parents are apparently away on a holiday.

With a report from CTV Winnipeg's Stacey Ashley and files from The Canadian Press

Sheri
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

More info

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
                  Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
                  "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

Damn
                    RIP Brothas
                    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Comment

rest in peace brothers.

wow it seems like this years starting bad.

Comment

damnit...... rest in peace brothers
                        First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Comment

The house involved belonged to a local judge. He and his wife were away on holidays while his 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son were home when the fire broke out.

In addition to previosly posted info, I was told that one the the injured FF's in hospital today has suffered burns to over 70% of his body.

During the flashover, one the the FF's inside had his radio melt in its pocket, inside his jacket.

Neil
                          "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Comment

Rest in peace fellow Firefighters.

I send my condolences to the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Services and their families during this tragic time.

I pray for a speedy recovery for those firefighters who were injured during last nights blaze.

Neil
                            "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Comment

Like a punch in the stomach when I saw the news. My condolences to the families and friends and all with Winnipeg Fire.....RIP bro's........

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X