Clear All

• Queens 6 alarm

http://www.firefightingnews.com/arti...rticleID=25425

This report is better than my first one that got highjacked
    There r still some there
    Maybe our FDNY Bros can can us a better report of it
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

I heard on the news, that the inside of the building has collapsed. They basically say it was an Inferno and the whole roof was just blazing flames.

Comment

Heres a story and video
      Thank God no brothas were badly hurt or killed
      http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index...id=1&aid=66502

Comment

That was my article on firefightingnews.com

I didn't respond in until I heard it was at 4th alarm status. I live in Suffolk County, NY and its about 30 miles from me. But when it was upgraded to a 4th alarm I took a ride in to shoot some photos.

What I saw when I got there was something i've only seen in magazines before. The sky for miles was filled with smoke. Upon arrival everything was grey from the smoke, and then all of a sudden power went out in the neighborhood. I had to put my roof lights on to get around a hill I was climbing. I got about a block away from the scene I found out (i just parked when i found a spot on a corner, learning i was really close).

As I walked up you could see orange flames just shooting from the sides and roof. There were hose lines all over the roads and ice for as far as you could see. My pant legs were literally frozen from walking around on scene so long.

As i got there they were putting out the fire at the smaller home on the side of the building. I could see ambers just falling from the roof of the apartment building.

I spent about 1 1/2 hours on scene taking photos before I had to leave because the weather was taking its toll on me. I didn't have my boots with me or gloves, just my fleece lined jacket.

Here are some more photos from that fire: http://www.adamdaley.com/gallery/02-04-07
        Last edited by Adam07003; 02-04-2007, 07:09 PM.
        Adam, EMT-B

Comment

Great report and picts thanks

Comment

Took it in from 30 miles out as the 4th was struck and still got fire shots?

In NYC?

Damn... THAT'S a fire!

Comment

Yeah the initial alarm was around 11:45pm, and I got there around 1:30am stayed around till 3am shooting photos when I finally left because it was cold.
              Adam, EMT-B

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X