Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• callaway75
    replied
    Cloudkicker, check page 2 on this board, Battle of the badges on rte 80. You will find everything about this incident, 19 pages.

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    Actually, I believe in the laws state in NJ that the NJSP is in charge of any scene within the state boundaries. some law stating they were the overall point of authority, probably some outdated law that had some relevant meaning a hundred years ago. But I did get this information from a co worker, so it may in fact be wrong, I haven't verified it myself.

It was a stupid incident, where the trooper was probably legally right, and that's why the fire chief was probably forced to make a public apology (don't think for a second that he made that willingly) for protecting his men. From what it sounds like, he could have fought in in court, and won in the court of public opinion, but failed when it came down to the letter of the law.

Personally, I hope that the next time something like this happens, the chief thinks twice about closing a lane without the troopers approval..... and closes the whole damn highway, so there can be no mistake that an emergency is on going, use flares and cones so in case people don't see the BRT in the roadway, they will see the cones.

Leave a comment:

• cloudkicker5602
    replied
    Totally agree with you 100%. And thats the thing is figuring out the basis of what had happened

Leave a comment:

• SgtScott31
    replied
    We're all in the business together. Although there is always issues about ultimate Command of highway scenes, everyone should get along. If it takes biting one's lip or apologizing to get it done, then why not?

It all depends on the circumstances. If there was no further need for fire officials to be in command, then it will be the Trooper's "show" because of his authority of traffic on the interstate.

Leave a comment:

• cloudkicker5602
    started a topic New Jersey Trooper Incident

New Jersey Trooper Incident

Question, does anyone have any insight on the incident involving the New Jersey and NJ Trooper incident. If the department was in the wrong i would totally understand that. As i have been told, and the way it is in our state. On traffic accidents, the person in control is the fire officer. Basically what he says goes. If the FD had an incident requiring the right hand lane to be closed for a reason (such as, members in process of rescue, clean-up, etc in the right to off road side) they should have NO REASON to appologize to the troopers. There are several concerns in the FD these days. If you find any way to prevent accidents to happen, then do it; especially if it is on an accident. I would rather keep a lane closed down to prevent my firefighters from being in an accident or even killed by extremes. Just my thoughts.....anyone else have any thoughts, or any insight on the incident that happend?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X