New Jersey Trooper Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a couple of take-aways for everyone from this nasty incident:
    1. Know what you can and cannot do at an incident. For example, ANY emergency vehicle in Kentucky can park ANYWHERE it wants as long as 1 emergency light is operating. In Illinois, the fire department is in overall command of any incident with fire (we used to joke we'd break out a cigarette lighter if we needed to get EMS or PD in line).
    2. Try to meet the people you will work with regularly. When we know each other, we are more likely to work as a team.
    3. Don't forget that we are a TEAM. Fire/EMS/Police are all involved in public safety. We have to work together and learn to play nicely with each other.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

Last edited by sfd2605; 03-17-2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

1) Learn punctuation. It can be your friend.

2)
        vehicle involved in the accident was well off the road
        The EMS crew was wheeling the patient on a stretcher on the shoulder, actually on the "road/travel" side of the shoulder due to positioning of other vehicles. While the crashed car was off the shoulder, the transport path of the patient was not well off the road.
        "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by RESQBOSS244 View Post
          This isn't to say that they run the fire or ems operations
          According to the accounts from the scene, that's exactly what Fritz tried to do.

All I can say is I'm lucky enough to be in a place where our relationship is so good with the police that when they retire after 16 years on highway patrol, they write us a letter thanking us for our service with them all this time. (Thanks, Cst. Ralph Crittenden, RCMP Cochrane Highway Patrol!)
          --jay.

Comment

The charges were dropped against the firefighters and handshakes were done after the hearing between the troopers involved and Chief. From what I've read, meetings are being scheduled to try and work out the issue(s). It's too bad that things went this far before people got smart enough to brainstorm the problem.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X