• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nozzelvfd
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jan 2003

possibly the worst firefighter in the world

This firefighter may just very well be the worst in the world

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
  • GeorgeWendtCFI
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jul 1999

When I looked at this video, all I could think of was this quote from a grossly uninformed FF on the "Not Everybody Learned from Lairdsville thread:

I know people will say I am wrong, and that I'm an idiot, but in a real fire, do you ever have flammable liquids? or situation that are way too hot? or the walls burning? or furniture? or (gasp!!) live victims?

This is EXACTLY why you don't use flammable liquids or live victims. Because you never know what is going to go wrong.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

• doughesson
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
      This is EXACTLY why you don't use flammable liquids or live victims. Because you never know what is going to go wrong.
      Also never forget a pumper.One horror story I heard of was a LT taking three rookies into a burn house with only a 2" line hooked to a hydrant.No one outside,no engine on scene.
      As George said,you never know what's going to go wrong.

Comment

• GeorgeWendtCFI
        MembersZone Subscriber
        • Jul 1999

Originally posted by doughesson
        Also never forget a pumper.One horror story I heard of was a LT taking three rookies into a burn house with only a 2" line hooked to a hydrant.No one outside,no engine on scene.
        As George said,you never know what's going to go wrong.
        I understand your point, but it wouldn't matter to me if there was an entire first alarm assignment parked outside. You don't use flammable liquids and you don't use live victims-EVER!

Comment

• MattyJ
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2003

I thought it was a drill on PPV!

.......just kidding for you thin skinned ones out there.

Comment

• Catch22
            MembersZone Subscriber
            • May 2000

And we are supposed to have more fire-sense than the general public. You're exactly right George, one more reason we don't need to be using flammable liquids. No matter how much safety equipment and/or apparatus is there, something can go wrong. When things go wrong in a profession where lives are at risk, that's exactly what can be lost.

Comment

• SSTONER
              Forum Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
              When I looked at this video, all I could think of was this quote from a grossly uninformed FF on the "Not Everybody Learned from Lairdsville thread:

I know people will say I am wrong, and that I'm an idiot, but in a real fire, do you ever have flammable liquids? or situation that are way too hot? or the walls burning? or furniture? or (gasp!!) live victims?

Someone really said that? I am on my way to that thread now in hopes your exaggerating! ( well one can hope right?)
              Warm Regards,
              Shawn Stoner
              EMT-B

Comment

• Itsmy6
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2003

Damn talk about flame thrower.

IDIOT!!!!!

Comment

• lutan1
                  FIGJAM
                  • Jan 2001

WOW!

It also shows that even with the best training in the world, when confronted with a situation like that, we can still panic, still get it wrong and possibly cause more problems....
                  Luke

Comment

• drparasite
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SSTONER
                    Someone really said that? I am on my way to that thread now in hopes your exaggerating! ( well one can hope right?)
                    actually, that quote was taken out of context, something that George is well known for doing. but we won't go there.

and that guy who is lighting the fires is an idiot.
                    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Comment

• npfd801
                      MembersZone Subscriber
                      • Aug 2002

I fully agree with the live victim/fuels argument in enclosed structures, but are you saying in fire extinguisher burn props that we shouldn't use flammable liquids as well?

I'm not trying to start anything, but we're very safe about it - light with an 8 foot pole, diesel/gasoline mix, etc...
                      "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Comment

• MalahatTwo7
                        MembersZone Subscriber
                        • Mar 2002

I watched and I shook my head. Just glad that (apparently) no one was injured during the making of this fiasco. :o

I kinda gotta wonder if that guy is still on active duty?

AND. There is still no solid reason/rationale given as to why we need to use liquid accelerants when a propane torch and a few pallets/bails of straw wont match or exceed for effect.
                        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

• GeorgeWendtCFI
                          MembersZone Subscriber
                          • Jul 1999

Originally posted by SSTONER
                          Someone defintely said that. And it was NOT taken out of context. Parasite is famous for writing stupid things, then claiming his posts were taken out of context.

Comment

• GeorgeWendtCFI
                            MembersZone Subscriber
                            • Jul 1999

Originally posted by npfd801
                            I fully agree with the live victim/fuels argument in enclosed structures, but are you saying in fire extinguisher burn props that we shouldn't use flammable liquids as well?, etc...
                            Of course not. My point was that the video vividly displays how quickly something can go wrong when you are using even a small amount of flammable liquid. This was in direct reference to another thread where a person did not see why flammable liquids could ot be used in acquired structure training.

Comment

• 5pts384
                              MembersZone Subscriber
                              • Feb 2002

Paper feed sacks (I'm a country boy) and broken pallets do just fine to start a fire. All it takes is a match to get it going.
                              Stay Safe ~ The Dragon Still Bites!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...