No announcement yet.

suspenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather suspenders work the best. I have a new pair of thick padded suspenders that I am liking a lot lately. My experience with breaking suspenders is that the stretchy-ness wears out and they break easy. Leather you don't have to worry about it. So far, these suspenders I have work great!
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/Fire,Resc...enders/QRPSUSP
    (not trying to endorse a particular distributor, just a pic to show what I'm talking about)

As far as the "deadman" handle, I think it's a great idea but it didn't come from a firefighter. I agree with ChicagoFF (once again!) the handle is between the SCBA tank and the helmet. Think about it. How is a FF's body position going to be if they are down. Chances are they will be face down or on their side because if the SCBA. The helmet will come down over the SCBA in most cases. If you can even get your hand in there with a glove on it surely would not be practical. Plus, the ones I saw on a couple different coats seemed kinda cheap. I don't know if the little bit of stitching they use would hold in a real situation anyway.

Grabbing the SCBA straps are much much easier and very quick.
    Jason Knecht
    Firefighter/EMT
    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
      Grabbing the SCBA straps are much much easier and very quick.
      I guess they're allowing for the fact that you may have to grab a guy who's not wearing an SCBA. I agree, the SCBA straps are quicker to grab, although there is always the possibility of pulling the SCBA off of the victim (we are taught to undo the waist strap and cinch it between the legs before pulling the victim, to prevent this).
      Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
      Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
      Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
      — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X