X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEYVERN
    replied
    Originally posted by Tanker06 View Post
    That noise you just heard was the price of new gear taking off, strapped to a
    shuttle launch booster......
    AMEN TO THAT.

Leave a comment:

• MarcusKspn
    replied
    With the NFPA 1971 - 2005 edition you have the option of making your Gear CBRNE compliant. The only thing is that if you order any of your gear CBRNE than ALL of your gear has to be CBRNE. You cannot have CBRNE Pants and Coat, and non-CBRNE boots, gloves, hood, and SCBA. So it's either an all-or-nothing approach.

You don't HAVE to make any of your gear CBRNE compliant (and many-many departments won't have the funding to add that extra cost to their specs when they buy new gear). It is a big start-up cost to pay in addition to non-CBRNE 2005 edition gear. But if your SCBA is CBRNE all of your other gear has to be too.

And that last requirenment is the reason that I don't believe that SCOTT will go exclusively to CBRNE SCBA's, but always have them as an option. If Scott is only selling SCBA's that are CBRNE compliant, then there would be many departments that would not buy them, because they cannot afford to spend the extra money to buy every single member new Turnout Gear that is CBRNE also. Scott would $crew themselves out of a lot of business.

Leave a comment:

• Fitguy51
    replied
    We are living without the NXG2's right now so if they bring in another model that won't change things around here. So why worry

Leave a comment:

• dday05
    replied
    Originally posted by Tanker06 View Post
    They said it could add another $1000.00 to each unit.

Leave a comment:

• Tanker06
    replied
    Originally posted by HEYVERN View Post
    He told us that all the SCBA produced after a yet to be disclosed day, (sometime in January or February) will have to be the CBRNE compliant.

Leave a comment:

• HEYVERN
    replied
    Talked to the rep last week. He told us that all the SCBA produced after a yet to be disclosed day, (sometime in January or February) will have to be the CBRNE compliant. He did not know any further info. Said he would call the factory. Haven't heard from him since. Guess they did not know anything either.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Oh,wait 'til you see what's planned.Integrated voice amps,regulator upgrades and who knows what else.Probably a finger that taps you on the shoulder and says"Pardon me,did you know your air is LOW?". T.C.

Leave a comment:

• dfdapd
    started a topic Scott Air Packs

Scott Air Packs

Does anyone know or have any inside knowledge about what new products are coming out from Scott-Health and Safety as far as SCBA's that will meet the 2007 NFPA. My dept was told that they are comingout with two new models the NXG7 and the Air Pack 75. Of course when our local dealer called Scott and myself Scott is denying anything, they did tell the dealer however that they cannot say anything at this time due to copyright b.s. If anyone has anything or any knowledge of what is coming out please send me an email...thanks and stay safe..DFDAPD

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X