No announcement yet.

Scott Air Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to my point of the topic...does anyone know anything about what new air packs Scott is coming out with???

Comment

I think the airpak will be availble soon.
      Last edited by JRLloyd; 02-08-2007, 09:47 PM.

Comment

bump

has scott released any info on these yet? i have seen an ad that said coming soon but nothing else and i couldnt find anything on their website.

Comment

After having attended the North Carolina Breathing Equipment and Survival School for over a week I would have to say that the Interspiro packs do not hold up and the fresh air switch isn't worth its weight in sand. The mechanism for which to actually get the assembly off of the mask is very difficult if you actually wanted to take it off. No offense to people who like the ambient air option, however, I prefer the open hole that Scott provides to breathe through should your regulator not be attached. I would have to say that the interspiro voice amp/PASS system are very nice as far as being loud but that's the only option I liked about them. Also a "dangling" regulator is part of the business. Sure you could clip it into the regulator belt clip but who has time for this? I haven't found it to be a problem for myself on the fireground/training. Sure its not the best thing for maintenance of the regulator but look at the training we're doing in the fire service these days. Have we ever cared about the maintenance of equipment while we're on the fireground? Not at all. Again if we took the time to worry about these things on the fireground nothing would ever get done. 2cents

And to stay on topic I <3 Scott Airpaks. That is all.

Comment

Update

well it looks like we are a little closer to the debut of the new airpak 75. Here is the link with the count down. http://www.futureairpak.com/
            I think part of the delay is they are still under going testing for the new nfpa update. so far none of the scba manufacturers have passed and they only have until nonember 1st i think. someone please correct me if im wrong on the date.

Comment

Originally posted by BCFD25 View Post
              well it looks like we are a little closer to the debut of the new airpak 75. Here is the link with the count down. http://www.futureairpak.com/
              I think part of the delay is they are still under going testing for the new nfpa update. so far none of the scba manufacturers have passed and they only have until nonember 1st i think. someone please correct me if im wrong on the date.
              that is weird i tried going to that site yesterday and i didnt get that i even created a new thread cause i didnt understand it.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by FireLtParaM View Post
                After having attended the North Carolina Breathing Equipment and Survival School for over a week I would have to say that the Interspiro packs do not hold up and the fresh air switch isn't worth its weight in sand. The mechanism for which to actually get the assembly off of the mask is very difficult if you actually wanted to take it off. No offense to people who like the ambient air option, however, I prefer the open hole that Scott provides to breathe through should your regulator not be attached. I would have to say that the interspiro voice amp/PASS system are very nice as far as being loud but that's the only option I liked about them. Also a "dangling" regulator is part of the business. Sure you could clip it into the regulator belt clip but who has time for this? I haven't found it to be a problem for myself on the fireground/training. Sure its not the best thing for maintenance of the regulator but look at the training we're doing in the fire service these days. Have we ever cared about the maintenance of equipment while we're on the fireground? Not at all. Again if we took the time to worry about these things on the fireground nothing would ever get done. 2cents

And to stay on topic I <3 Scott Airpaks. That is all.
                I have found that the regulator is very easy to take off. You unscrew 1 screw and move the face cone over to the side and pull the regulator out. It is not that hard. I am sorry that you found you had problems with the ambient air option. What kind of problems did you have? My Volunteer Department has them and we have not had any problems with them.
                And dangling regulators thank goodness are not a part of our department. I say that taking care of your SCBA is VERY important since it could save my LIFE. just my 2 cents. I guess that is why we have so many choices in the SCBA area.
                Marshall Griffiss EMT/FF
                Chaires Capitola Fire Rescue
                Tallahassee, Fl.
                www.stitchingbydesign.net
                Washington Lodge #2 F&AM
                Past Master
                Ham Radio: N4DOG General Class
                IACOJ

Comment

It's all in what you think you need.I haven't needed an air switch in 38 years under the mask.My regulator only dangles if I want it to,and when I'm not using it,it's either hooked to it's belt clip or my mask depending on circumstance.At the end of thirty(30) years come back to this forum and tell me what your mask cost to maintain per year.I'd agree that my Scba is important to my life and based on thirty years with a single product line I'll put my life with the BEST,Scott! Best of luck with yours,if they even make it to thirty.Since going to the 2.2's we've NEVER had an operational failure.And we've got packs out of the first issue of 2.2's which are approaching 30 years on the line.Regulator repairs to these are simple too but we've never had to service one between "benches",just clean and go. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X