SCBAs opinions/INFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBAs opinions/INFO

Was wanting to get some peoples experiences(good or bad) w/using Pioneer SCBAs they were once made by Cairns I believe but are under a new company as of now-and was wondering if the bugs are worked out. Also on the ISI Viking DLX.

I was needing to know about any problems, maintenance issues, service?? ect... any and all help is appreciated.

Thankyou,

Jason Baker

They were junk when we had them. Porrly designed. Do a search on Pioneer SCBA or Cairns SCBA you will find a few other threads.

Comment

Pioneer SCBA had a very difficult time in getting the last NFPA change (1851-2002) and nearly went under. Most of the dealer support went as well. I know their national sales manager and feel he won't be there long.
      The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
      proof of His absence.

Comment

I have used the ISI Viking DXL I would have to say it is the most comfortable fitting SCBA I have ever worn. The only problem I have ever heard of is the batteries, but that is a problem with all of the SCBA's. The good thing is the ISI uses only 1 type of batteries and they are AA's. They are easy to breath and they mask has a Great view and only has 2 straps to pull.
        Marshall Griffiss EMT/FF
        Chaires Capitola Fire Rescue
        Tallahassee, Fl.
        www.stitchingbydesign.net
        Washington Lodge #2 F&AM
        Past Master
        Ham Radio: N4DOG General Class
        IACOJ

Comment

Thanks guys keep em coming!

I appreciate the responses everyone, I figure in my research this would be a good site for no BS info.

I was right.

Keep the info coming though, Thankyou to everyone

Jason

Comment

I'm on two departments. On one, we use the ISI Viking DXL. The best thing about these packs is they can be hooked up and ready to go. The mask has an ambient air valve that lets the user have the mask on and all hooked up and ready for tank air with the push of a button. The only downfall I see is the masks fog up like you wouldn't believe. That may be just our masks though.
            On the other department, we use MSA packs. I love these packs. They are easy to use, never fog up and have some neat features built into the PASS. With the push of a button, you can figure out roughly how much time in minutes you have left before the low air alarm goes off. The PASS is pretty distinctive sounding too. Either way you go, they are both excellent choices.

Comment

Our department just received some Interspiro packs from another department. I used one the other night at a house fire, and the mask on it just kept fogging up. I would have to go back on air just to keep the mask clear. I think it just had a lot to do with the cool air out that evening. I use to have problems with the Old MSA and Scott packs fogging up. The department I was with that had the ISI packs, I never noticed them fogging up.
              Marshall Griffiss EMT/FF
              Chaires Capitola Fire Rescue
              Tallahassee, Fl.
              www.stitchingbydesign.net
              Washington Lodge #2 F&AM
              Past Master
              Ham Radio: N4DOG General Class
              IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by gatoremt View Post
                Our department just received some Interspiro packs from another department. I used one the other night at a house fire, and the mask on it just kept fogging up. I would have to go back on air just to keep the mask clear. I think it just had a lot to do with the cool air out that evening. I use to have problems with the Old MSA and Scott packs fogging up. The department I was with that had the ISI packs, I never noticed them fogging up.
                Did you guys get the Interspiro's from us?

If so...I'm sorry!

Kevin
                Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                IAFF Local 2339
                K of C 4th Degree
                "LEATHER FOREVER"
                Member I.A.C.O.J.
                http://www.tfdfire.com/
                "Fir na tine"

Comment

Neighboring Dept had Pioneers.Cairns dropped them and the dealer network.As far as I've been able to determine there is only ONE place in the USA servicing them.I personally would RUN not walk away from these packs if for no reason other than the very limited service.Try a search,you'll dig up a lot of good info.Remember,who will service you AFTER the sale should be a big factor in pack selection. Good luck,T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X