looking for a gag on haz mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a gag on haz mat

i remember for a while there was a hazmat joke floating around this forum and others on how to tell what the hazards is by the actions of the leo I'm wanting to pass it around my emt class since we have to go over the dot standards

i think one exapmle is like

car running and officer standing no hazard.

if any one knows where to find this let me know
    Drew Albright
    Last edited by smokeater1310; 01-25-2007, 09:55 AM.
    Originally Posted by the1141man
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

The standing joke around home was:

If the canary yellow stripe (down the pant leg of RCMP officers) is vertical, all is good. If the canary yellow strip is horizontal ...
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Our standing joke is similar to the above except the PD officer is known as a "blue canary".

Comment

We refer to the stripe on the pants leg of cops as the Copometer. If it's upright, things are good. If it's horizontal, things are bad.

We also joke that if you arrive on scene and see the trooper, then you know the substance is not flammable nor corrosive because you can be sure he's already walked in it and put flares out.

Comment

Also something along the lines of...You can tell wind direction from the powder coming off the powdered donut. I forget how it was actually worded, though.

Comment

Here's one. The best tool a cop can use to maintain a safe distance is a powdered doughnut. If the officer can hold the doughnut at arms length and view the whole scene through the doughnut hole, he is a safe distance away.

You can buy a pack of 6 miniature training aids at the gas station for $1.99.

Why powdered doughnuts you ask? So the officer can tell which way the wind is blowing!

-----Matt

Comment

Oops, A little late with that one.---Matt

Comment

Have the guys look up "dihydrogen monoxide" in the NAERG...
                It will keep them occupied for a while....
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                  Have the guys look up "dihydrogen monoxide" in the NAERG...
                  It will keep them occupied for a while....
                  lol...did that with one of our instructors. He started looking for it...then, after about 10 seconds, gave me a rather annoyed look and moved on.

Comment

DHMO.org is your #1 source for all information relating to Dihydrogen Monoxide.
                    FireFighter/EMT
                    Rescue 1

IACOJ
                    FTM-PTB

Comment

THis is one of the Items I teach to New Haz Mat Techs

COP-O-LOGICAL APPROACH TO HAZMAT

OBSERVATION DEDUCTION

1. Cop still standing Non-toxic
                      2. Cop car still running Not oxygen deficient
                      3. Paint still on cop car Non-corrosive
                      4. Cop igniting road flares Non-flammable
                      5. Cop unconscious Backup 50 feet upwind and erect a safety barrier
                      We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MCarpenter View Post
                        THis is one of the Items I teach to New Haz Mat Techs

COP-O-LOGICAL APPROACH TO HAZMAT
                        I've use a similar training scenario for detecting / identifying haz-mats and refer to it as "The presence of cop-ological indicators."
                        "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                        sigpic
                        The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by hazmatt View Post
                          Here's one. The best tool a cop can use to maintain a safe distance is a powdered doughnut. If the officer can hold the doughnut at arms length and view the whole scene through the doughnut hole, he is a safe distance away.
                          You can buy a pack of 6 miniature training aids at the gas station for $1.99.
                          Why powdered doughnuts you ask? So the officer can tell which way the wind is blowing!
                          -----Matt
                          I was told the "rule of thumb for hazmat scenes" was this:As your rig approaches the scene,the officer will hold out his thumb at arm's length.If he can see any part of the scene around the thumb from that distance,the rig is too close and much be repositioned for safety.

Comment

Comment

I think that's more EOD than H/M...but still a good one

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X