X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdraft 2?

Any word on the streets?????

Please say it ain't so
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

I don't know about that but I watched "Firestorm" last night.Getting past the obvious Hollywood stuff(Howie jumping without his brush shield on and the girl later on surviving the cliff jump when his extra chute(where was it carried anyway?)deployed,it looked like Axe had been reincarnated when it turned out Scott Glenn started that fire for a developer.
      How would they make arson investigation exciting?I think a real department would be upset with a guy transferring in and out of houses all the time to get away from his brother.

Comment

According to IMDB.com and commingsoon.net. Neither have anything listed or in planning....
        "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
        - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/eu...ckdraftier.mov

It's about 5megs so give it time to load or right click the link and download. Pretty stupid though.

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/eu...r_for_best.php

Comment

Originally posted by dtruelove View Post
            Any word on the streets?????
            It was called Ladder 49.

Comment

Originally posted by Firetacoma1 View Post
              It was called Ladder 49.

Ha ha.

Seriously, I thought I heard sometime within that past year that there could be a Backdraft 2 within the next 2-3 years.
              And I also heard that when they were writing Ladder 49 that it was originally supposed to be Backdraft 2. I'm not sure why they decided against it, though,
              Firefighter/EMT
              My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
                And I also heard that when they were writing Ladder 49 that it was originally supposed to be Backdraft 2. I'm not sure why they decided against it, though,
                That's highly doubtful.

Do you really think people spent long hours writing about the modern day adventures of Brian McCaffrey -- now stuck in both his father's & his brother's shadows -- and his days of working alongside Shadow... And then, once they had the story together, they decided to ditch it instead for the tale of a firefighter's advancement from rookie to experienced jake in Baltimore City? I don't see a lot of simularities between the Ladder 49 & the Backdraft concepts. Besides, both movies were written & directed by different people.
                sigpic

Comment

I read somewhere that Ron Howard wasn't going to produce anymore firefighting movies after he released BACKDRAFT. I'll have to see if I can find the article, this was about a year or so I seen this.
                  Andrew
                  Firefighter/EMT
                  New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Engine58 View Post
                    I read somewhere that Ron Howard wasn't going to produce anymore firefighting movies after he released BACKDRAFT. I'll have to see if I can find the article, this was about a year or so I seen this.
                    So maybe a rumor started and Ron Howard came out and said... Nope No more...??? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of hearing about a sequal.
                    Firefighter/EMT
                    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Backdraft 2 will be set in preset day times where a Chicago firefighter is intentionaly setting fires to show that the alderman's were killing firefighters and making money by switching their 3/4's out with faulty gear.

oh man.... i'm going to hell for that one
                      The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post
                        Backdraft 2 will be set in preset day times where a Chicago firefighter is intentionaly setting fires to show that the alderman's were killing firefighters and making money by switching their 3/4's out with faulty gear.

As soon a I saw Chicago in your post, I knew exactly where it was going!
                        Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                        IAFF Local 2339
                        K of C 4th Degree
                        "LEATHER FOREVER"
                        Member I.A.C.O.J.
                        http://www.tfdfire.com/
                        "Fir na tine"

Comment

Originally posted by JHR1985 View Post

yup.. and Steve Baldwin will star in the role the lead investigator, Robert Deniro will star as the Cheif of the CFD, and our very own ChicagoFF will make a cameo appearance as the guy who put two and two together and got the ball rolling!
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Laugh it up, funny guys.....
                            I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Backdraft 2?
                              I hope not.
                              "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X