Black tetrahedrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tetrahedrons

Does anybody have a picture of a black traditional helmet with these black tetrahedrons on them.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...ve_pack_of_8_/

If so how well do they work and do they really reflect silver?

Yes, they do work and and reflect silver when light is refelected off them.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Sounds great. I am trying to figure out what all I want to put on my new black N6A when I order it soon.

Comment

I've got em on my lid........they reflect a brownish color. Got em at www.3decals.com $.50 a piece.

Comment

AZFF's lid...

Comment

Are we required to have tets on the helmet? If so I don't see why we need them. Like we don't have enough reflectors on us already.

If we are required to have tets are these black ones NFPA compliant?
            Last edited by BKDRAFT; 01-13-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDRAFT View Post
              If we are required to have tets are these black ones NFPA compliant?

I asked my Capt if I could put them on my lid. He told me as long as they reflected in the light at night I could. I'm not sure if they are NFPA or not. But like you said, we have plenty of other stuff on us that reflects and these tet's do reflect.

Comment

Originally posted by AZFF25 View Post
                I asked my Capt if I could put them on my lid. He told me as long as they reflected in the light at night I could. I'm not sure if they are NFPA or not. But like you said, we have plenty of other stuff on us that reflects and these tet's do reflect.
                NFPA colors are lime yellow, and orange..anything else isn't. But both of my lids have these too..hell, when i took the yellow ones off, they practically were black..
                'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
                  NFPA colors are lime yellow, and orange..anything else isn't. But both of my lids have these too..hell, when i took the yellow ones off, they practically were black..
                  Channeling "scooby doo"...
                  roh roh reorge....

when I had my lid refinished.. the tetrahedrons I had put on are the Colors... red, white and blue!
                  Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 01-14-2007, 02:08 PM.
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Us Too.........

We use a lot of "Black Scotchlite" here, Our Black Stripes on the Apparatus, etc. and it works well for us. It DOES reflect Silver, and it does reflect a lot of light. We use it on Helments, but it is cut to fit along the lower part of the side, just above the brim. You can see mine on the "Helment Pic" thread in the off duty Forums (Page 3). Tetrahedons are kinda scarce around here, no one seems to like them.
                    Last edited by hwoods; 01-14-2007, 12:57 PM.
                    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                    In memory of
                    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                      Channeling "scooby doo"...
                      roh roh reorge....

when I had my lid refinished.. the tetrahedrons I had put on are the Colors... red, white and blue!
                      If I have to rely on someone picking out the small sections of neon color on my head..something else may be VERY wrong. Nice idea though..never thought of that.
                      'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

The lettering on the sides of this N6A are black scotchlite and like has been said before, reflect silver. They look pretty sweet if you ask me.

------------------------------------
                        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

NFPA colors are lime yellow, and orange..anything else isn't.

Grab your copy of NFPA 1971 and read it more carefully.

Garment trim is specified flourescent & reflective and in particular shades of yellow-green, orange-red, or red.

Helmet trim only needs to be flourescent & reflective. No colors are specified.

The black stuff I would assume doesn't meet the flourescence requirement.

Slap in on a N5A. Helmet ain't NFPA as it is so the trim won't make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian190 View Post
                            The black stuff I would assume doesn't meet the flourescence requirement.

Hmmmm, now how can we get a website to sell "flourescent black" scotchlite???
                            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

What's their definition of fluorescent? Does it only have to fluoresce (under UV light, for example) or does it have to be day-glo? If it's not defined, you just might be able to make a fluorescing black decal. . .
                              ullrichk
                              a.k.a.
                              perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X