Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Professional????

For this FF to be a so called Professional: How professional is it to start running your mouth off on a scene about the good ole volly vs career? Firefighters are firefighters: does it matter if you get paid full time, part time, paid on call, or not paid at all? If you know what you are doing and an asset to working a scene, again who cares? I really don't and probably never understand why or how this rift started between so called brothers.

Leave a comment:

• DonSmithnotTMD
    replied
    I haven't been on here in a week and it's like I never left

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by ShuswapFireF View Post
    We all know a volunteer, wearing tactical tupperware with a fog nozzle off a lime green engine is better than a leather lidded smoothbore carrying career firefighter off a red engine. Or is it the other way around.
    Hmmm I thought it was the volunteer wearing the "replica" of leather, with a L/V nozzle, riding the lime green engine with red 3M stripes..... Or is that the yellow engine with...??? And the career guy with CHEMOX and... or something like that, only cuz ya know, the CHEMOX thing is Kooler.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    ^^^^^
    What he said!

Leave a comment:

• ShuswapFireF
    replied
    We all know a volunteer, wearing tactical tupperware with a fog nozzle off a lime green engine is better than a leather lidded smoothbore carrying career firefighter off a red engine. Or is it the other way around.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• res54cuecaptain
    replied
    *looks at my avatar*

*reads first post*

*reads 1,000,000 stories of volly vs career*

*looks back at my avatar*

*wonders why j&#koffs still do this*

the defense rests.....

Leave a comment:

• ROOKIELZ
    replied
    ***Yawn***

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Artie,how do you do it? You never cease to amaze me,hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    My two hoods and my dashlight will keep me from getting crap on me when it hits the fan.

Leave a comment:

• cozmosis
    replied
    Originally posted by CTJAKE View Post
    Was he wearing a leather helmet? Did he have bourkes? Does he prefer 3/4 boots or full turnout gear?
    Was his rig red or yellow?

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fire0099881
    replied
    I guess we are pretty lucky around here then, since we get along with the paid depts. around here, as most of them also volunteer at another dept. but I do know of a few not too far from here that they won't call the volunteer's into the city, and they will not respond to a call even if it's the first place outside the city limits. I really agree with catch22 on this one

Leave a comment:

• wvffnj
    replied
    blah blah blah, never heard of this argument before. **YAWN**

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Same crap, different day. What's it really matter what he thinks? If he was someone important, I guess he could have had the vollies clear or change the mutual aid policy where they don't respond. But a the same time, I run out of fingers and toes counting how many times a vollie has stirred up the same crap. Personally, I take into consideration a firefighters ability, experience, knowledge, and composure under fire, along with my comfort level with them. It doesn't matter to me what side of the fence they're on.

Leave a comment:

• dday05
    replied
    Originally posted by FireDoc99 View Post
    The other day while on a call that had multiple departments on-scene I heard a paid/career firefighter tell a volunteer that they should not be on-scene because it was a job for "professional" firefighters. When I approached him about it he got ****ed off and accused me of not "supporting my brothers of professional firefighters". His definition of "professional" was a paycheck.

Last time I checked "professional" was how you carried yourself and the level at which you practice your trade. Just because you have a chosen profession you get a check for does not make you a professional. It makes you paid or career.

I know plenty of volunteers I would trust my life with, like-wise, I know just as many career firefighters who I don't trust to cook dinner, much less back me up in a structure. It also works the other way too.

In my opinion it's *******s like this that build that rift in a needed service on both sides of the street. I love my paycheck and job but you gotta love a brother/sister who's willing to put hisher *** on the line for their neighbor for free.

What do ya think?
    I think you need to get over yourself. Your last paragraph is ludicrous, you're doing your fair share of stirring the s#[email protected] pile yourself . Stuff like this needs to take place at the station,after the call! Whose call was it?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X