Chicago bunkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
    If you aren't a fireman, what is your purpose here?

FTM-PTB
    Originally posted by Smith81 View Post
    I know that I'm new here and I'm not a FF, but I don't agree with a lot of things that are being said. Let's just say I'm connected to the industry (sp) I've seen MP gear and I just don't like it. I have looked at the V Force that Lion has and that gear is great! I've talked to a lot of FD's in my area that have it and they love the feel vs MP or other gear. It moves with you. Like I said, I'm new and I'm not here to start any waves, just my opinion.
    Lion sales rep would be my guess Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefighter2230 View Post
      I'm not a sales rep.

Comment

I know I was just seeing if he would Man up and tell us himself.

FTM-PTB

Comment

• Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
          I know I was just seeing if he would Man up and tell us himself.

FTM-PTB
          It's hard to "Man Up" when you're a woman.

Comment

• if you aren't the sales rep then how are you connected to the industry their Mrs. Smith.

Comment

if you aren't the sales rep then how are you connected to the industry their Mrs. Smith.
              What makes you think I'm connected to THEIR industry?
              I have a lot of close friends that are firefighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smith81 View Post
                It's hard to "Man Up" when you're a woman.

Even if this is true, you understand(i'd hope).....if you want the reasons, I think it's clear...if fits terrible, it's stiff, it doesn't hold up to the abuse that is thrown at it, and it fights you no matter what you do in it, in fact, let's just say it sucks, so much so I would put it in the same category as Securitex. But that's just my opinion.

Well, firefighting isn't an industry, we don't make anything, especially sugar coatings.
                Last edited by PureAdrenalin; 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM.
                'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

• Originally posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
                  Even if this is true, you understand(i'd hope).....if you want the reasons, I think it's clear...if fits terrible, it's stiff, it doesn't hold up to the abuse that is thrown at it, and it fights you no matter what you do in it, in fact, let's just say it sucks, so much so I would put it in the same category as Securitex. But that's just my opinion.
                  And that's all I was looking for, just a reason.

Comment

I'm just wanting to know what industry your connected with myself

Comment

• Well, firefighting isn't an industry, we don't make anything, especially sugar coatings.[/QUOTE]

Okay, ya'll are ready to put my head on a silver platter so I'll tell you what you want to know. I work for Lion, but I'm not a sales rep. Actually I'm just customer service. Reason I was looking at Chicago is because I thought they like us, but it looks like I was wrong. I'm not trying to start anything. I was just trying to get information on what people really thought about us and what we could do to make it better. Like I said, I have a lot of friends that are firefighters and I want to make sure they are safe. So, now that everyone know's who I am.....start throwing stones (or bricks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                        Why is Morning Pride better??

Morning Pride makes each set of gear unique to you. They measure you in 4 different ways to make sure the fit is correct. The stitching is made heavy duty. Made for hard use. Also if something isn't right, they fix it. I have had Lion gear (granted it was a long time ago) but the quality and craftsmanship of the way it was put together and the material it was made with seemed kinda cheap. That's why they are cheaper in price.

I had a set of MP gear that lasted 11 years. I took care of it and it took care of me. If I used it everyday like ChicagoFF or FFRED maybe it would only last 5 but it is still better than Lion. You get what you pay for.
                        So do other manufacturers. We are buying all new turnout gear and met with reps from MP, Globe, FireDex, Lion and Securitex. They all had the same opportunity to show off their gear and give us their presentation. When it was all said and done, FireDex won. MP and Lion were the 2 least favorite.

Firedex also measures each member and custom fits the gear. I think most of them do (if you buy the custom turnout gear). FireDex also fixes things if they break. What won it for us was the fit of the gear and the solid construction (seams and what not). Also for us the service from our rep was a big factor.

Comment

Well, firefighting isn't an industry, we don't make anything, especially sugar coatings.
                          Okay, ya'll are ready to put my head on a silver platter so I'll tell you what you want to know. I work for Lion, but I'm not a sales rep. Actually I'm just customer service. Reason I was looking at Chicago is because I thought they like us, but it looks like I was wrong. I'm not trying to start anything. I was just trying to get information on what people really thought about us and what we could do to make it better. Like I said, I have a lot of friends that are firefighters and I want to make sure they are safe. So, now that everyone know's who I am.....start throwing stones (or bricks)
                          If you'd introduced yourself and stated your purpose from the beginning instead of waltzing in here with a snotty attitude, the response would have been different.
                          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as snotty, just curious. I'm very sorry I came across that way.

Comment

Talking in circles? Lot's of friends ehh? So you're not a sales rep, what are you the local firehouse groupie?

FTM-PTB

PS-

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as snotty, just curious. I'm very sorry I came across that way.
                                People who come on these forums honest and upfront from the start are generally treated the same way in return.

You can see from Fred's post how it's taken when the opposite happens.
                                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader