Chicago bunkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago bunkers

Just saw some video from the big fire yesterday in Chicago and noticed they had their new bunker pants on. I know there was talk earlier that they were getting them, but have they all got them now? How do they like them so far?

Who cares? They have no choice obviously now.

Comment

Originally posted by adam18 View Post
      Just saw some video from the big fire yesterday in Chicago and noticed they had their new bunker pants on. I know there was talk earlier that they were getting them, but have they all got them now? How do they like them so far?
      Be cautious when you ask questions like that...sometimes you don't get the answer you want to hear. I'd think it would generate a much more interesting response in lets say the last week in July!

Best of luck to the brothers in the windy city.

FTM-PTB

Comment

====PAGING CHICAGOFF.....PAGING CHICAGOFF...........WHITE COURTESY PHONE....====

Oh brother where art thou??

He will tell you the exact story without beating around the bush. I believe they have a choice between the two but not sure.

I agree, wait until mid-August before you ask that question.
        Jason Knecht
        Firefighter/EMT
        Township Fire Dept., Inc.
        Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
        http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
        EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Damn.

Just when I thought I might learn something about enclosed underground fires.

Still, no hurry, life is young.
          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

wow

4 responses, and few had any answer to my question. I really dont care what happens in July or August, or last July. I cannot pick up the phone and call up a chicago firefighter and ask him how he/she likes his/her bunkers. This is how I communicate with other brothers and sisters around the USA. Dont like it? DOnt post here.

Comment

wow I must have been in a bad mood

Comment

wow I must have been in a bad mood
                Opens chocolate bar, gives to you and says "happy menstruation."
                Just jokin around.
                J
                It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Dont like it? DOnt post here.
                  You're smart *** comment wasn't exactly the greatest.

This hasn't even been up for 24 hours. Be patient! Ever think that maybe our Chicago firefighters on this board are out...... FIGHTING FIRE? Woah, what an idea. Maybe their working, or spending time with their family....

FWIW: Around X-Mas they were mandated to wear bunkers. It was posted by one of the Chicago-area guys in another thread.
                  Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                  Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                  FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

I bet I know how some guys like them. Yesterdays paper had a guy in his new short coat 3/4 boots and orange fireball gloves.
                    What is with the "Chicago Fire Department" spelled out on the back of the coats?

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
                      You're smart *** comment wasn't exactly the greatest.

This hasn't even been up for 24 hours. Be patient! Ever think that maybe our Chicago firefighters on this board are out...... FIGHTING FIRE? Woah, what an idea. Maybe their working, or spending time with their family....

FWIW: Around X-Mas they were mandated to wear bunkers. It was posted by one of the Chicago-area guys in another thread.
                      Yep, I sure did think they could be fighting fire. My point was I dont need pointless comments that dont answer my question, or degrade it. I dont care if someone responds 2 years from now on it. Your FWIW is exactly what Im looking for. Thanks

Comment

Here is a link w/photos from that fire w/lots of pics of CFD members showing off their new gear. (lots of good fire pics on the main page too).

Looks like the same stuff we wear.

http://samillerimaging.smugmug.com/gallery/2334297

Comment

i may be wrong but wan't it posted onhere that Morning Pride had gotten the contract for Chicago, yet in the pictures it looks like they have Janesville gear. I may be mistaken but it seems like in the thread a while back about this subject it was stated that morning pride was the winner. Chicagoff am I mistaken or did the city change vendors at the last moment?

Comment

Originally posted by benson11 View Post
                            i may be wrong but wan't it posted onhere that Morning Pride had gotten the contract for Chicago, yet in the pictures it looks like they have Janesville gear. I may be mistaken but it seems like in the thread a while back about this subject it was stated that morning pride was the winner. Chicagoff am I mistaken or did the city change vendors at the last moment?
                            I think it all came down to bids, MP is what I wear, it's what I trust..Janesville makes a good set of gear, but I don't think it's going to handle the abuse. MP is friggin expensive, and the lead times for new, custom fit stuff are long. So if Janesville says we can get you gear faster and cheaper..which way do you think they would go?
                            'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Exactly, we are not custom fit for our gear either. We have an entire room from floor to ceiling stocked w/different sized gear.

If we need something replaced, we go right down to HQ and get it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X