Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German-American

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • German-American

    Hello Firefighters!
    I am writing you from Offenburg, which is located in the nice Black Forest

  • #2
    I am looking to find some German-American Firefighters(1rst, 2nd, 3rd, ... Generation) who could help me with some research by filling out a quick survey about German heritage, German beer and other things German. It would be great if you could click this link to

    www.stapfpower.com

    and fill out the quick survey. Of course there are no commitments and you will receive no spam - I promise! I just want your opinion. Some Firemen even told me the survey was fun!


    Vielen herzlichen Dank und auf Wiedersehen,
    RobFromGermany

    Comment


    • #3
      Wir Deutsch-Amerikaner sind über das Teilnehmen an den on-line-übersichten von den Leuten ein wenig schüchternes, die wir nicht kennen.
      IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Mikeylikesit!

        Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Antwort!

        I totally see your point and I must admit that I personally feel the same way, I normally don't do online things for people I don't know. There is to much shadyness out there.

        Perhaps it helps to ease your mind if I introduce myself: My name is Robert Stapf and I run a small business here in Germany. Some time ago I lived and worked in New York City and New Jersey (A small town called Towaco) for 5 years. During that time I met so many wonderful Americans who told me about their German heritage and I realized how proud and involved they where and how much they loved to get more information and products from and about Germany. I found out that especially in the Law Enforcement and Firefighting area there are so many Germans (partly because my girlfirend was is a 911 dispatcher in New Jersey)

        So when I came back to Germany I decided to create a line of German products that are a tribute to American Firefighters .... and here i don't want to tell you more, it will take away the excitement in the survey...During my time in the states I got a good Idea of what kind of products and decorations people liked, but in this survey i would like to know e.g. what you German-Americans know about your ancesters, where they came from, if you are half german or only 5%, so I know better who I am talking to in order to make the products look better.

        In the survey, as promised, I am not trying to sell or promote anything, I just want to know what you would like and what not.

        I hope that helps to easy you mind a little bit, I also hope to get some responses but I can't blame anyone for not wanting to do an online survey :-)

        Einen schoenen Gruss,
        Robert




        Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
        Wir Deutsch-Amerikaner sind über das Teilnehmen an den on-line-übersichten von den Leuten ein wenig schüchternes, die wir nicht kennen.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
          Wir Deutsch-Amerikaner sind über das Teilnehmen an den on-line-übersichten von den Leuten ein wenig schüchternes, die wir nicht kennen.
          Yeah, what he said.

          One of these days I'm going to learn German. Always wanted to, just never got off my duff and done it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RobFromGermany View Post
            I am looking to find some German-American Firefighters(1rst, 2nd, 3rd, ... Generation) who could help me with some research by filling out a quick survey about German heritage, German beer and other things German. It would be great if you could click this link to

            www.stapfpower.com

            and fill out the quick survey. Of course there are no commitments and you will receive no spam - I promise! I just want your opinion. Some Firemen even told me the survey was fun!


            Vielen herzlichen Dank und auf Wiedersehen,
            RobFromGermany

            Ich habe das gemacht. Viel glück mit deinem Becher
            NJ FFII/EMT-B

            Comment


            • #7
              Vielen Dank!!!

              Originally posted by Slaytallica45 View Post
              Ich habe das gemacht. Viel glück mit deinem Becher

              Comment


              • #8
                I am just messing with you Rob. I am half-German. My grandfather's family is from the Bitburg-Prum District of Rhineland-Palatinate. My grandmother's family came from Essen.
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

                Comment


                • #9
                  hi mikeylikesit!

                  no problem :-) but you see i take that seriously. i don't want people to consider it spam or so...

                  so i see you are well connected in germany! and i guess your favorite beer brand is BITBURGER! (quite big brand in germany!) :-)

                  cheers,
                  rob




                  Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
                  I am just messing with you Rob. I am half-German. My grandfather's family is from the Bitburg-Prum District of Rhineland-Palatinate. My grandmother's family came from Essen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There are firemen in America with German roots??? I didn't think that was allowed.
                    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My grandmother grew up with a man who rose to the rank of Division Marshal in the CFD. Whch today is akin to district chief. He was a German-Lutheran. In the good ol days, the churches were all based on ethnicity. In McKinley Park, where my Dad is from they had the Irish-Catholic, Polish-Catholic, German-Catholic and the German-Lutheran church within blocks of one another. In Chicago, some common ethnic mixes are German-Irish, Polish-Mexican, Irish-Italian, Irish-Mexican to name a few. I am a classic Chicago "mix"...But not a drop of Irish.
                      IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I need to do some checking, but my grandfather's family came from a country that hasn't existed since before WWI. If I remember right, it got absorbed into Austria or something like that.

                        We actually have a lot of German/Indian (including myself, 1/2 and 1/2) in this area.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
                          My grandmother grew up with a man who rose to the rank of Division Marshal in the CFD. Whch today is akin to district chief. He was a German-Lutheran.
                          Hmmmmm, I though there was a by-law or something about letting NI's (non-Irish) get that high a rank. If not there should be!
                          I am a complacent liability to the fire service

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can tell you it wasnt all that long ago that my buddy was on an engine that most days was 100 % Irish. Those days are very rare anymore...If not gone.
                            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Speaking of German-Americans, does anyone else have trouble telling David Hasselhoff and Dan Marino apart???
                              I am a complacent liability to the fire service

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X