education?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• education?

how is the classwork done? is it in a classroom setting or is it on your own with the captian or chief?

What are you talking about?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

i dont know if its just on volunteer fire deptartments or what but someone told me that she did her classwork with like the fire cheif or capt. while training to become a firefighter. along with the training once a week. and i was wondering if it was the same or similar in other departments.

Comment

Each department is different.

Some VFD look for warm bodies and have very little training.

Others require their personnel to certify at the Firefighter1-2 level within a certain time frame.

Career departments either run their own academies or send their probies to the State or County fire academy.

The Massachusetts Fire Academy offers field programs to call and volunteer fire departments for training and certification.
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

okay thank you

Comment

Best way to find out

Go to your local FD and ask how they train. I don't know if you're a FF or looking to become one, but if you want to know how training is done, you gotta go local and see how they do it. Every FD is different in their approach. You can also contact your training academies in your area, if you know of some.

Good luck !

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X