No announcement yet.

Cairns Helmets: N5A vs N6A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know off hand when the new nfpa is coming out that states you can carry goggles in your pocket instead of having them mounted on your lid? I heard talk about it just wondering if anyone had a concrete date. THanks

Comment

Originally posted by JCA1386 View Post
      anyone know off hand when the new nfpa is coming out that states you can carry goggles in your pocket instead of having them mounted on your lid? I heard talk about it just wondering if anyone had a concrete date. THanks
      No concrete date but I do have the complete list somewhere around here and it was in it.
      "Train as if your life depends on it"
      Always Remember *343*

Comment

thanks, if you can get it to me or email whenever you get a shot [email protected] yahoo.com

Comment

Last edited by ehs7554; 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Anyone had any cases where their fat head couldn't fit into the size large?? No leather in that case I guess??
            Last edited by lightsandsound; 01-18-2007, 05:27 PM.
            A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

Comment

If your head is bigger than 8 1/4 the least of your problems will be fitting in a helmet :-) To adjust the size without the ratchet, peel back the brown inner fabric, or better yet bring it out of the helmet. You will see a white/clear plastic band going around the helmet. With the pieces of foam provided with your new lid, place the foam in between the brown fabric and the impact cap. Dont remove the adhesive tape before you try a few spots first. Obviously if your head is on the borderline of a large size helmet this will be not an option and the ratchet must stay. I have seen guys slice openings for the ratchet assembly in the ear flaps so they wont always be wrapped around the ratchet assembly. If anyone needs pics, I will be working tomorrow day and night and I can take some. Just reply asap as I try to hit the sheets early before a 24, and with this weather (light snow) I may be in for some 46 mile trip in the morning, my cheap *** has been delaying the purchase of snow tires :-(

Comment

Yeah...then along came louisgee with the bigga ****in head!!

I'm not sure exactly what my head size is...it's pretty big though! ...I'm currently in Ben 2 with no problems, I don't even know if that's a relevant comparison to a Cairns leather jobbie. Been thinking about making the swap to leather and **** some of the guys here off, lol... .....This digital pics aren't necessary just yet (for me at least), but I'll keep it in mind....thanks alot for the offer, much appreciated!

Drive carefully and get some GD tires.
                A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

Comment

I had a ben 2 issued to me, its universal so from 6.5 to 8.5 inch heads. Leather is more of a custom fit by far.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X