Gerald R. Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald R. Ford

Great man. Should have been elected in 1976. He knew how to treat people. It is pretty amazing who he had in his inner circle. Some of them got mean as they aged (Dick C.)..Others didnt (Alan G.). Rest in Peace President Ford.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

I learned something today. A message was posted through the Embassy email earlier today. We are stood down on Tuesday for President Ford's funeral. Apparently this is a common practice for all foreign offices to close to give mourning, with their US counterparts. I am very impressed with this, and it is very fitting too. Just never would have thought such a thing would happen.

Rest in Peace President Ford. To all accounts you were a good man and did many good things. SALUTE.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I loved President Ford's exchanges with Bob Hope. You could tell that the two were really good friends.
      What an athlete. Probably the best to ever serve as President.
      CR
      Visit www.iacoj.com
      Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
      RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

I just watched President Ford's funeral. It was quite moving. In times like these even with all of our disagreements, I am reminded why we are truly a blessed nation. Our leaders both past and present can gather and stand united. It is oddly comforting to know that despite the politics, when it really matters, our leaders show one another respect. I would like to think this could lead to discussion about the rotten shift that has evolved in American politics. It sure would be nice to go back to a time where our leadership actually worked together more often then not for the common good of our country.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

My office is a couple blocks away from the White House and some coworkers and I walked down to where the procession went by on its' way to the National Cathedral. It was quite moving. A decent crowd considering all the Fed's were off today. Most of the dignitaries went by too fast to figure out who was who (and they were in dark cars/SUVs), but we saw the VP and his wife, Bob Dole, et. al. There were a lot of motorcycle cops (the motorcycles with the side cars) in both groups, plus there were uniformed police standing on the sides of the street in their dress blues with white gloves. The motorcade with President Ford and his family followed the motorcade of the dignitaries. Strangely enough, there was an empty hearse following behind that group (I guess in the event of a break down?). We did see the American flag draped on the casket as the hearse went by.
          "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
          -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X