X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fyrmnk
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Also true but the message takes on a special meaning when delivered by a CHIPpy.If you haven't yet gotten the Gordon Graham experience,I highly suggest you do.Oh,and take your Ace bandages,your sides are going to need them by the end of the conference.Gordon's a sharp cat and his message is(should be)well recieved.But his delivery will have you rolling in the aisles,howling with laughter.I've seen him twice and it never gets old.And he's always digging up new stuff.If you want to send a safety message and have a good time doing it,I highly recommend you see Gordon. T.C.

I second that. Great presentation and a blast to sit in on. Great philosophies as well.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by fire0099881 View Post
    haha, hope you never had to take it off! as I am sure it was heavier than H#$% !!!!!!!!!!
    Nope. Truck is in storage now, and other than at the time we bought it, and went to the shop to get the company paint job, never came off the truck all the time she was on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Also true but the message takes on a special meaning when delivered by a CHIPpy.If you haven't yet gotten the Gordon Graham experience,I highly suggest you do.Oh,and take your Ace bandages,your sides are going to need them by the end of the conference.Gordon's a sharp cat and his message is(should be)well recieved.But his delivery will have you rolling in the aisles,howling with laughter.I've seen him twice and it never gets old.And he's always digging up new stuff.If you want to send a safety message and have a good time doing it,I highly recommend you see Gordon. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• fire0099881
    replied
    Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Yep that works too. When I was a kid my parents drove a tractor/trailer. When we bought the truck, 1967 Kenworth cabover, it came with a modified bumper. Apparently the farmer who owned it previous had at one time had a very nice chrome bumper. Only problem is it would get bent and scratched because people dont know how to drive. So Ed got mad and being a farmer, got himself a big chunk of 1/4 inch steel "U" beam and fashioned a big *** bumper out of that. Funny thing is, when we got the truck there were not too many scratches in the paint .... and certainly no gouges heheheehehe.
    haha, hope you never had to take it off! as I am sure it was heavier than H#$% !!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by fire0099881 View Post
    I have also heard he who has the biggest bumper wins also!
    Yep that works too. When I was a kid my parents drove a tractor/trailer. When we bought the truck, 1967 Kenworth cabover, it came with a modified bumper. Apparently the farmer who owned it previous had at one time had a very nice chrome bumper. Only problem is it would get bent and scratched because people dont know how to drive. So Ed got mad and being a farmer, got himself a big chunk of 1/4 inch steel "U" beam and fashioned a big *** bumper out of that. Funny thing is, when we got the truck there were not too many scratches in the paint .... and certainly no gouges heheheehehe.

Oh. And I support the "stop at all uncontrolled railway crossings" and "slow at all others" philosophy too. Huge Weight + Intertia vs smaller Weight + Inertia will always win. Newton is one of my favourite Science Geeks. Something about an immovable rock comes to mind when speaking of trains in motion..... And I am still curious to know what the Guy in the Right Seat was doing prior to the incident.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 12-29-2006, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fire0099881
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Maybe a modified version of Gordon Graham's "Law of lugnuts" applies here.According to Gordon(and I support this)the law of lugnuts says,in a collision,the vehicle with the most lugnuts wins.In this case it would be the law of GVW.Whichever vehicle has the highest GVW (train) wins.The secondary message as taught to us as wee ones is:NEVER mess with a train.Like Gonz says,we weren't there and the incident is still under investigation.I think it CAN be safely said however,that the law of lugnuts applies here. T.C.
    I have also heard he who has the biggest bumper wins also!

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    Ack....3 times!

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    oops...double post
    Last edited by SSTONER; 12-29-2006, 06:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SSTONER
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    I guess the train should have yielded.
    The more I read this line the more it irks me.

We're in such a rush that we miss a train? C'mon guys ... even the most hardcore go get em' boys have to admit that not seeing a train and not stopping at tracks, even if the warning lights aren't flashing is a little over the top. In this case the article seems to indicate that the apapratus may have had a red light, which makes the situation even worse. And it appears that the apparatus may have voliated department policy about stopping, according to a fire department official.
    You strike me as a pompus jerk who thinks everything he does is correct - the best way. .

I find it hard to believe even in your half a horse town you are 100% perfect driving your POV/Apparatus - after all your are only human.

One day your going to find your not as perfect as you think.

How much time is it going to take to stop at tracks and check? Really ...
    Your an arrogance is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• joshball
    replied
    I think it is safe to say that we should automatically stop every 500 yards to keep from anything ever happening ...

Leave a comment:

• Steeda83
    replied
    Originally posted by FDAIC485 View Post
    I like that one^^^^^ Props to you!!!!!!

Call me an idiot. However, IMO natural law wins out over man's law. I myself would respect a freight train's path of travel. Stop at all railroad crossings and look to see if something is coming.

i agree, but like others have said, we dont know all the facts

and this picture was just to poke fun of all the rediculous remarks that have been made by a certain poster

Leave a comment:

• FDAIC485
    replied
    I like that one^^^^^ Props to you!!!!!!

Call me an idiot. However, IMO natural law wins out over man's law. I myself would respect a freight train's path of travel. Stop at all railroad crossings and look to see if something is coming.

Leave a comment:

• Steeda83
    replied
    laFIREeducator approved fire apparatus

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

i also took the liberty of getting rid of all emergency lighting except clear lights since we give right of way to everyone
    Last edited by Steeda83; 12-29-2006, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KenNFD1219
    replied
    Here is a link to a bunch of train versus truck collisions-train wins every time.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=train+truck

Leave a comment:

• DonSmithnotTMD
    replied
    Originally posted by mcfd45 View Post
    Just a quick question, why did tey say the train had a green light when it went through the intersection? Do trains in LA have lights to obey? How long is the yellow?
    J

Funny you should ask. Probably. Check the right side of the page.
    http://www.discoverlivesteam.com/sig...in_signals.htm

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X