NFPA traffic director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post

There is no way you are in the Fireservice....for you have thin skin. You're getting all up in arms over a post in a thread and crying like a little girl on a public forum. You need to grow some thick skin and pick your battles bub.
    Maybe you're a chick, and that's why you're crying. If that is the case, then I understand. Maybe you are PMS'ing.
    I'm not thin skinned at all. It's just pointless for you to start throwing around accusations when you don't know the whole story, or what truely was going on. You obviously don't know all the details about what happened over there, so you shouldn't have started in on NM about it.

Maybe I'm a chick, and that's why I'm crying? Nice one. Being a sexist is a great way to make an impression. Oh, and calling names and posting things like that is against the rules here. Perhaps you need to go re-read the TOS.

Post reported, the WT deals with trolling.
    Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
      I don't have that paperwork in front of me at the moment. However I do specifically remember it. Having it come on or off automatically didn't matter. Using the device to make the candlepower requirement was specifically prohibited. I'm guessing this is because there is no way to assure it will be on in flash mode. The user can turn it to another mode that will not allow it to meet the requirements.

If you find the paperwork again let me know. We are working on specs now for another rig and if what you say is the case, we have to change some things.

Just a note, Federal still lists the Signalmaster as a rear amber option that meets NFPA if used with two red rotators (or flashers, strobes, LEDs) which is what we have (rotators). Perhaps they havent updated the information yet?
      Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
      RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
      Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Defending against drivers that are not paying attention is impossible. Having a red warning light package that complies with NFPA 1901 and augmenting it with an arrowstick is definitely a good thing. IMO every fire apparatus should have one, whether NFPA formally recommends it or not.

Stay Safe

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1983 View Post
          If you find the paperwork again let me know. We are working on specs now for another rig and if what you say is the case, we have to change some things.

Just a note, Federal still lists the Signalmaster as a rear amber option that meets NFPA if used with two red rotators (or flashers, strobes, LEDs) which is what we have (rotators). Perhaps they havent updated the information yet?
          The FedSig SignalMaster that can be built into the candlepower requirements on lighting packages is a six head TA with INDEPENDANT ends. What you get is two amber/red/blue whatever color lights on the very ends of the unit that are NOT part of the "LEFT" , "RIGHT" "CENTER OUT" , etc.
          Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
          FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
            The FedSig SignalMaster that can be built into the candlepower requirements on lighting packages is a six head TA with INDEPENDANT ends. What you get is two amber/red/blue whatever color lights on the very ends of the unit that are NOT part of the "LEFT" , "RIGHT" "CENTER OUT" , etc.

Ours are all amber without the independant ends, just the standard model SML-8. In "02, they met NFPA, which is why Im trying to find out when that changed, if it did.

I just re-checked Federals site and the SML-8 is the one listed as NFPA compliant.

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1983 View Post
              Ours are all amber without the independant ends, just the standard model SML-8. In "02, they met NFPA, which is why Im trying to find out when that changed, if it did.

I just re-checked Federals site and the SML-8 is the one listed as NFPA compliant.
              Just out of curiosity....

What's on the rear of your apparatus for warning other then the SML-8? By chance a pair of red rotators in the upper zone?

I A C O J
              FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                I don't have that paperwork in front of me at the moment. However I do specifically remember it. Having it come on or off automatically didn't matter. Using the device to make the candlepower requirement was specifically prohibited. I'm guessing this is because there is no way to assure it will be on in flash mode. The user can turn it to another mode that will not allow it to meet the requirements.

Yes, lots of people had issues with me. I think i already said it but you aren't paying attention. Yes, I did **** off a lot of people over there. Because a lot of people over there are whacktastic losers beyond belief. Seriously, there are people there who drive around with blinking amber lights and pretend to be neighborhood police (just as one example...). I ****ed lots of those people off because I would contradict their twisted little mind's opinion.

The reason I was on that forum was amongst the hundreds of morons, there were real technicians and intelligent people. When I needed information not readily available from a manufacturer, i could always find it there. Likewise, I was often able to provide the same kind of help to others. It is unfortunate there is such a core bunch of losers there too. So, if you saw people disliking me, it was probably because they were stupid to begin with. Do some research before you try calling people out based on something you vaguely remember from another forum a long time ago.
                Well, there are a lot of whacker people type on that board....which is why I rarely visit anymore. Back when they had the old board, it was much better. When I just visited the other day, it was horrible....and the board is run like nazis.

Comment

I'm not thin skinned at all. It's just pointless for you to start throwing around accusations when you don't know the whole story, or what truely was going on. You obviously don't know all the details about what happened over there, so you shouldn't have started in on NM about it.

Maybe I'm a chick, and that's why I'm crying? Nice one. Being a sexist is a great way to make an impression. Oh, and calling names and posting things like that is against the rules here. Perhaps you need to go re-read the TOS.

Post reported, the WT deals with trolling.
                  You need to re-read your initial post to me...then check yourself. I wasn't even directing anything towards you in the first place, yet you had to butt in. If this is a troll post, then maybe I need to get a new definition of what a troll is. I posted a legitimate post, and it got sidetracked....it happens, get over it.

Comment

Listen bub. You come on the site on the day after christmas and get your panties in a bunch because we have something bettrer to do then see what luke skywhacker is posting about. Then you go after nmfire for reminding you about this and you respond that you don't celebrate chirstmas, which is fine. You should still know that christmas is upon us (bright lights, nativity scenes, those annoying things that inflate and deflate by themselves.) and you should respect that people have better things to do. Then you get into a debate about why he doesn't go to some circlejerk whacker website. Big deal who cares about neanderthals that are so amused by flashing lights so much they put them on their POV. Then you tell res343cue that they need to stop crying like a chick. Smart real smart, so now you removed all doubt that you are a fool. So why don't you stop being choolish and bring something useful to the table.
                    J
                    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45 View Post
                      Listen bub. You come on the site on the day after christmas and get your panties in a bunch because we have something bettrer to do then see what luke skywhacker is posting about. Then you go after nmfire for reminding you about this and you respond that you don't celebrate chirstmas, which is fine. You should still know that christmas is upon us (bright lights, nativity scenes, those annoying things that inflate and deflate by themselves.) and you should respect that people have better things to do. Then you get into a debate about why he doesn't go to some circlejerk whacker website. Big deal who cares about neanderthals that are so amused by flashing lights so much they put them on their POV. Then you tell res343cue that they need to stop crying like a chick. Smart real smart, so now you removed all doubt that you are a fool. So why don't you stop being choolish and bring something useful to the table.
                      J
                      *yawn*

Go bother someone else if you don't have anything positive to say about the topic at hand and quit wasting bandwidth. Others have replied and I respect that, and I'm way over it and want to stop the bickering...please....quit bringing it up and piling on like you're some internet tough guy....

BTW, and I'm not your bub.

Comment

Just out of curiosity....

What's on the rear of your apparatus for warning other then the SML-8? By chance a pair of red rotators in the upper zone?
                        Exactly...

RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse