NFPA traffic director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    "The whacker from elightbars". Hahahaha. First of all, that website is 90% whackers so to imply that anyone could be "the" whacker on that pathetic website is comical. And second, yes I was banned... because I didn't put up with the whacker BS. Like for example, the people who pretend to be cops because they have an amber light on their roof. I contributed electrical knowledge here and there, just like I do here. I was banned because I wasn't a retard that got their jollies off playing with blinking lights. As you can see, I don't really miss it either. I quite enjoyed the bang I went out with actually.

It is quite obvious that you won't last long on this forum at the rate you're going.

To answer your original questions, it isn't an NFPA requirement right now. In fact the NFPA code specifically prohibits you from using a traffic adviser as part of your lighting in the back to meet the candlepower requirements. I can't think of any good reason to make it part of the requirements. Personally, I think the things are totally useless anyway.
    I haven't frequented that forum in quite some time now, but I remember the issues some people had with you and when you got banned. For someone that didn't like that forum very much you were there a lot. You had close to 500 posts in a short amount of time....so you tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
      Amen NM. I got your back.

NM and I got banned at the same time because of one guy who got off on making himself out to be something he wasn't. Hell, people encourage his actions by banning the people that are "down to earth" and try to keep things sane and legal. These are the same people that have the knowledge and understanding of the real world but apply it legally. Now they are going after guys like "TVSJR" and "PJ" because of their "no bull****, do it right" attitudes.

You posted at 10 PM on Christmas, and then bumped it up at 11 AM today. Many threads might go a whole 24 hours without a reply, but you're whining about a minuscule 12 or so? Cry me a river, please.

Instead of hiding behind some name here on FireHouse, reveal who you are and man up to the accusations you are making. You're relatively "new" (in terms of post count here), and what stuff you do post usually seems to cause controversy, or you're just stirring the pot. So, if you want to make accusations and point fingers almighty savior, please reveal yourself.

By the looks of your previous posts, you're probably the friggin' SkyWorn whacker. Welcome to Firehouse, "Kernull Porkchump"
      I have no idea who you are...so I have no idea why you're even replying to this. Yeah, I posted it because I was working...51 or so people viewed it so I did not "BUMP" it as you say...I just was just asking again. Get it right....I figured out of those people someone would've heard this new requirement.

I guess you go by a post count on an internet forum to find out your status in life. Good luck with that.

I have no idea who PJ or TVJSR is or porkchump is...so I just can't answer to that.

As far as manning up? What the hell are you talking about??? What am I accusing anyone of doing? You're a bonafied botard, IMHO.

There is no way you are in the Fireservice....for you have thin skin. You're getting all up in arms over a post in a thread and crying like a little girl on a public forum. You need to grow some thick skin and pick your battles bub.
      Maybe you're a chick, and that's why you're crying. If that is the case, then I understand. Maybe you are PMS'ing.

At least NM was funny on the lightbar board...

Comment

Originally posted by res1cueffd View Post
        people always seem to want to start arguments on this forum. And seriously its only the day after christmas, we have better things to do on christmas then go on a forum. We either work or enjoy the chance to be with the family on christmas.
        I don't believe in Christmas so it was just another day for me.

Comment

Yeah.................

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post
          I don't believe in Christmas so it was just another day for me.
          I can tell............
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Joe Shmuck drives around corner at night time.

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

BRIGHT LIGHTS, BRIGHT LIGHTS

CRASH
            Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
            Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

And...........

Look, you either started with a chip on your shoulder, OR you made an honest mistake.... EVERYONE here is willing to help each other, and we do quite often. To answer your question up front in plain english, To the best of my knowledge, there are no impending changes to NFPA standards that involve Arrowsticks (that's what we call them). Now, couple of points, The NFPA can, and does, create "recommended minimum standards". The NFPA has absolutely no authority to "Require" anything. In fact, there are entire states where some NFPA standards are not permitted to be used, by law in that state. Maryland passed a law several years ago banning the use of any device that turns off warning lights when the vehicle is parked. This was the same device that the NFPA said was absolutely necessary, but the Maryland Fire Chief's Association fought the NFPA and won. More states ought to do that, in my opinion. Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked, maybe someone else might have different info.
              Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
              In memory of
              Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
              Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                Look, you either started with a chip on your shoulder, OR you made an honest mistake.... EVERYONE here is willing to help each other, and we do quite often. To answer your question up front in plain english, To the best of my knowledge, there are no impending changes to NFPA standards that involve Arrowsticks (that's what we call them). Now, couple of points, The NFPA can, and does, create "recommended minimum standards". The NFPA has absolutely no authority to "Require" anything. In fact, there are entire states where some NFPA standards are not permitted to be used, by law in that state. Maryland passed a law several years ago banning the use of any device that turns off warning lights when the vehicle is parked. This was the same device that the NFPA said was absolutely necessary, but the Maryland Fire Chief's Association fought the NFPA and won. More states ought to do that, in my opinion. Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked, maybe someone else might have different info.
                Gotcha...thanks. Maybe I need to do a little more research on NFPA myself to find out more about them. It sounds like they're into making some money....which why there seem to be more and more lights on the newer rigs...I dunno...

Thanks for a mature post and getting this back on topic. Cheers!!

Comment

As HWoods said, NFPA are simply recommendations. Some states have chosen and local jurisdictions have adopted thier electrical and lifesafety standards (among others) as codes, but as far as the fire side, they are simply recommedations.

That being said, since the fire service has been unable to get our own act together and come up with anything even close to the NFPA recommdations, the legal system has adopted the NFPA recommendations as "industry standards" for fire department operations. This means that if you or your department is sued, the plantiffs attorney will use those NFPA recommdations as "industry standards", and you, the plantiff. will have to explain why you were not in "compliance".

Apparatus manufacters are using NFPA standards when they build apparatus to cover themselves (anyone remember Pirsh???). Some manufacters will allow you to sign off on the NFPA standrds and delete the items. Some will not.
                  Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

So I find this to be ironic. We will go to 15 pages on the highway 80 thing because we support the chief standing up for his guys being safe. But when this comes up we are not as supportive? I agree the NFPA is being the mouthpiece of the companies that build our equipment. But have they really ever passed any standard that wasn't to help protect FFs? Even if they make money of it they are still trying to help keep us alive. Just my opinion.
                    J
                    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1983
                      Just curious as to when that changed? As of 2002 (last time we had a rig built) that was not the case. At that time, it was permitted as long as it activated automatically with the parking brake.
                      I don't have that paperwork in front of me at the moment. However I do specifically remember it. Having it come on or off automatically didn't matter. Using the device to make the candlepower requirement was specifically prohibited. I'm guessing this is because there is no way to assure it will be on in flash mode. The user can turn it to another mode that will not allow it to meet the requirements.

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post
                      I haven't frequented that forum in quite some time now, but I remember the issues some people had with you and when you got banned. For someone that didn't like that forum very much you were there a lot. You had close to 500 posts in a short amount of time....so you tell me.
                      Yes, lots of people had issues with me. I think i already said it but you aren't paying attention. Yes, I did **** off a lot of people over there. Because a lot of people over there are whacktastic losers beyond belief. Seriously, there are people there who drive around with blinking amber lights and pretend to be neighborhood police (just as one example...). I ****ed lots of those people off because I would contradict their twisted little mind's opinion.

The reason I was on that forum was amongst the hundreds of morons, there were real technicians and intelligent people. When I needed information not readily available from a manufacturer, i could always find it there. Likewise, I was often able to provide the same kind of help to others. It is unfortunate there is such a core bunch of losers there too. So, if you saw people disliking me, it was probably because they were stupid to begin with. Do some research before you try calling people out based on something you vaguely remember from another forum a long time ago.
                      Last edited by nmfire; 12-27-2006, 03:05 AM.
                      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Many apparatuses that i have seen comming out allready have the directors in place. Ferrara is the only one that I really know of that is making them stock parts.
                        FF I
                        FF II
                        Hazmat Operations
                        EMT-B
                        ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

Yes. We have trucks that are 15 years old with traffic advisers on them. They are not flat-out prohibited. It is just that they can not be factored into the minimum candlepower requirements.

It should also be noted that no apparatus manufacturer just arbitrarily puts lights on a truck. The department ordering the truck is responsible for picking what goes on them.
                          Last edited by nmfire; 12-27-2006, 03:15 AM.
                          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45 View Post
                            So I find this to be ironic. We will go to 15 pages on the highway 80 thing because we support the chief standing up for his guys being safe. But when this comes up we are not as supportive? I agree the NFPA is being the mouthpiece of the companies that build our equipment. But have they really ever passed any standard that wasn't to help protect FFs? Even if they make money of it they are still trying to help keep us alive. Just my opinion.
                            J
                            NFPA 1403: standard for live fire training. Search for threads about "Lairdsville" on this site, you'll catch my drift.

NFPA 1500: standards firefighter safety
                            NFPA 1710:staffmng standards for career fd's
                            NFPA 1720: staffing standards for call/volunteers fd
                            NFPA 72: the fire alarm code
                            NFPA 13: the sprinkler code

That's just off the top of my head, before having my morning dose of java...
                            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

This reminds me of the KIWI TV clip about Fire Truck colors:

"Red Trucks/Green Trucks, we found out that people like to hit them equaly."

All the lights in the world will save you from the guy that is paying attention!

But they will not do any good against the person that is:

Drunk/Sleeping/Passed Out/Texting on the Cellphone/Reading the Newspaper/Putting on the mascera/Looking at the radio to find the station/Checking out the hot girl that is walking down the street/Rubbernecking/Just spilled coffee in his crotch/etc,etc,etc.
                              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Capt Gonz, I am unfamiliar with this LODD. From what I gathered in a short time is that a young firefighter died in a flashover? Playing the role as a "victim" in a live burn. I would like to know more about this, please tell me more. I wasn't in the fire service when this happened and I know nothing about this but I would like to.
                                J
                                It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X