NFPA traffic director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFPA traffic director

I heard through the grape vine that the NFPA will be requiring all new apparatus to become equipped with Traffic Directors....when the ignition is turned on, it will have to be on a random flash pattern. It will only change when you select a certain pattern such as right, left, or center out.

I know NFPA are just guidelines, but I found this interesting nonetheless.

Anyone else heard of this?

Thanks

Nobody knows or has any thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post
      Nobody knows or has any thoughts??
      I'm sure the reps from the light manufactures would love this if it were true...hmmm I wonder why it is we allow them to sit on these pannels with voting power?

NFPA has sadly evolved into a joke that only serves to perpetuate itself through new revenue streams and futher intrusive regulations.

JMHO.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Give us a break on the timeframe...

Some of us are still trying to put toys together, scrounging for the batteries, cleaning up the house from the holiday revelry or are just coming on line after working all night.

FYI: we have an arrowstick on the rear of of our Engine 1. While it is amber , can be programmed to flash in many different patterns and an attention getter, people ignore it along with the other strobes, beacons and warning lights on the rig
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
          Give us a break on the timeframe...

Some of us are still trying to put toys together, scrounging for the batteries, cleaning up the house from the holiday revelry or are just coming on line after working all night.

FYI: we have an arrowstick on the rear of of our Engine 1. While it is amber , can be programmed to flash in many different patterns and an attention getter, people ignore it along with the other strobes, beacons and warning lights on the rig
          Break given...but I just got off myself after working my busy 24 hours. There were 51 views and no replies...so my question again was to those that viewed it..not you.
          Last edited by scote3232; 12-26-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

There were 51 views and no replies...so my question again was to those that viewed it
            Maybe those of us that viewed didn't know and were looking for an answer as well.
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by scote3232 View Post
              Break given...but I just got off myself after working my busy 24 hours. There were 51 views and no replies...so my question again was to those that viewed it..not you.
              Listen genius. You are posting on a forum on a holiday. Just like any other forum, this one is rather slow on weekends and holidays. Complaining that nobody is answering you will do nothing more than encourage people that do know to not answer. Chill out. When someone knows the answer, I'm sure they will tell you if you don't **** them off yet.
              Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                Listen genius. You are posting on a forum on a holiday. Just like any other forum, this one is rather slow on weekends and holidays. Complaining that nobody is answering you will do nothing more than encourage people that do know to not answer. Chill out. When someone knows the answer, I'm sure they will tell you if you don't **** them off yet.
                Ahhh...I know you...you're the whacker from elightbars board ....how fitting.

Now answer my question.

Comment

Not sure of this as an NFPA mandate but we have been using them since 1998 as a matter of our specs. The guys seem to like them as an added measure of protection for traffic control and visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by lvwrench View Post
                    Not sure of this as an NFPA mandate but we have been using them since 1998 as a matter of our specs. The guys seem to like them as an added measure of protection for traffic control and visibility.
                    I agree with using them in addition with the red/white/blue lights in the flashing pattern.

Comment

[QUOTE=nmfire;751825]Listen genius. QUOTE]

Wasn't it you that got banned from that board too??

Comment

"The whacker from elightbars". Hahahaha. First of all, that website is 90% whackers so to imply that anyone could be "the" whacker on that pathetic website is comical. And second, yes I was banned... because I didn't put up with the whacker BS. Like for example, the people who pretend to be cops because they have an amber light on their roof. I contributed electrical knowledge here and there, just like I do here. I was banned because I wasn't a retard that got their jollies off playing with blinking lights. As you can see, I don't really miss it either. I quite enjoyed the bang I went out with actually.

It is quite obvious that you won't last long on this forum at the rate you're going.

To answer your original questions, it isn't an NFPA requirement right now. In fact the NFPA code specifically prohibits you from using a traffic adviser as part of your lighting in the back to meet the candlepower requirements. I can't think of any good reason to make it part of the requirements. Personally, I think the things are totally useless anyway.
                        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                          I was banned because I wasn't a retard that got their jollies off playing with blinking lights. As you can see, I don't really miss it either. I quite enjoyed the bang I went out with actually.
                          Amen NM. I got your back.

NM and I got banned at the same time because of one guy who got off on making himself out to be something he wasn't. Hell, people encourage his actions by banning the people that are "down to earth" and try to keep things sane and legal. These are the same people that have the knowledge and understanding of the real world but apply it legally. Now they are going after guys like "TVSJR" and "PJ" because of their "no bull****, do it right" attitudes.

You posted at 10 PM on Christmas, and then bumped it up at 11 AM today. Many threads might go a whole 24 hours without a reply, but you're whining about a minuscule 12 or so? Cry me a river, please.

Instead of hiding behind some name here on FireHouse, reveal who you are and man up to the accusations you are making. You're relatively "new" (in terms of post count here), and what stuff you do post usually seems to cause controversy, or you're just stirring the pot. So, if you want to make accusations and point fingers almighty savior, please reveal yourself.

By the looks of your previous posts, you're probably the friggin' SkyWorn whacker. Welcome to Firehouse, "Kernull Porkchump"
                          Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                          Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                          FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

people always seem to want to start arguments on this forum. And seriously its only the day after christmas, we have better things to do on christmas then go on a forum. We either work or enjoy the chance to be with the family on christmas.
                            FireFighter/EMT
                            Rescue 1

IACOJ
                            FTM-PTB

Comment

[QUOTE=nmfire;In fact the NFPA code specifically prohibits you from using a traffic adviser as part of your lighting in the back to meet the candlepower requirements.[/QUOTE]

Just curious as to when that changed? As of 2002 (last time we had a rig built) that was not the case. At that time, it was permitted as long as it activated automatically with the parking brake.
                              Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                              RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                              Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse