FDNY Bailout setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY Bailout setup

Whats going on everyone and merry christmas, I've been browsing the forums for awhile now just taking all the info in and just had a question. I used the search feature and could not find an answer on this. After a trip to NY a couple months ago i noticed the guys had there bailout rope attached to a pack on there gemtor harness, it seemed pretty narrow and out of the way unlike dangling rope bags we are use to. Does anyone know where you can find these rope bags or are they special order for the city. Any help would be great thank you and have safe holiday.

-Mike

Some guy advertises a similar set up, but the hook that he uses is not a crosby forged model, it looks more like one of the hooks from a grappling hook. Ive seen it in one of the magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by BFDPerez View Post
      Whats going on everyone and merry christmas, I've been browsing the forums for awhile now just taking all the info in and just had a question. I used the search feature and could not find an answer on this. After a trip to NY a couple months ago i noticed the guys had there bailout rope attached to a pack on there gemtor harness, it seemed pretty narrow and out of the way unlike dangling rope bags we are use to. Does anyone know where you can find these rope bags or are they special order for the city. Any help would be great thank you and have safe holiday.

-Mike
      To my knowledge, the system was designed in house by our members and is not available to the outside world. However there are similar systems around.
      IACOJ Member

Comment

(VinnieB)
        I understand it may be in house but can you give a general outline of how its setup so I and others can try to make a similiar set up, thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by BFDPerez View Post
          (VinnieB)
          I understand it may be in house but can you give a general outline of how its setup so I and others can try to make a similiar set up, thanks bro
          Litterally it took 1000s of manhours, a number of Engineers, 1000s of trial runs and numerous foul ups before they developed what we have now and even it is far from perfect.

It uses specific components that I am unsure can be aquired on the open market.

Creating a similar system from scratch is quite possibly something you might not want to attempt.

FTM-PTB

Comment

or you can go Here and get information on it.
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

50 ft of technora rope, Petzl Gri Gri caribiner to attach to new NY style Harness, and hook with a 120 degree spread I believe, not exactly sure of the opening as I dont have my gear at home with me. The difference between the Gri Gri and what we use is our guys affixed an Eye to feed the rope through the device cause it jammed on ONE occurence, one out of probably literally a million slides, but those boys were thorough and worked painstakenly to have it be the best that it could be!

Comment

http://www.allhandsfire.com/page/AHF/CTGY/fdnyproducts

Comment

thank you for the help

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader