Happy Holidays from Firehouse.com's Founder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well..............

As he so often does so eloquently, Chief BillyG spoke for many of us out here on the streets. Dave, a simple THANK YOU is small indeed, next to your very large contributions to the day to day life of the Fire and Rescue Services of this great nation, and indeed, the world. That FH.Com had a sizeable audience (and Forums contributors) from around the world, in a very short time after it's inception, speaks very well of the vision, and managerial skill, of it's founders. Best wishes in whatever undertaking you may pursue Dave, AND, you ever need a break from looking at the same old mean streets thru Truck 1's windshield, I got a seat for you on Squad 18. God Bless, my friend. Harve
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Congrats and Thanks Dave ..............Good Luck !
      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Eight years! Congratulations on all your hard work.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Thank You Dave & Best Wishes in your future endeavors!

One thing many "newbies" and some of the relative old-timers probably don't realize is just what a good technical and visual layout job has been done with Firehouse over the years -- it's format and layout was well ahead of it's time in the late 1990s. It's continued to be a leader. The Hyattsville VFD site Dave had previously developed for his own fire company had similiarily really raised the bar on what fire department web sites should look like -- demonstrating a content rich, visually pleasing format at time when many fire department websites were either plain vanilla or dominated by insepid animated "cutesy" gifs of hand-waving fire hydrants and flashing light bars.

It's kind of odd to think the Fire Service would have one of the best done web sites of all the different industries and government groups out there, but it's true.

Matt

Comment

DaveJIannone

--------------------------

Just kidding Dave. Good luck

Comment

Wow!
              Didn't see that one coming.
              Dave; if you haven't got anything planned, you can come over to the IACOJ website and hang out.
              If not, when you get settled, I got dibbies on the interview.
              But look what you and Chris have done here.
              You literally took FH.com out of your living room to what it is today...
              IN EVERYONE ELSE'S LIVING ROOM!
              Wishing you the very best on your future endeavors. You certainly deserve it.
              On behalf of the International Association of Crusty Old Jakes, thank you very much.
              CR
              Visit www.iacoj.com
              Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
              RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

I wish you well in your new job. Thanks for putting together this website, I know I have learned alot as well being able to network and interact with people from all over the world. The international fire service needed something like this, for that, I thank you, and the whole WT for your efforts.

Good luck and keep in touch.
                Jason Knecht
                Firefighter/EMT
                Township Fire Dept., Inc.
                Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
                http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
                EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

We just relaunched the site that started it all.....my fire department's home page at http://www.hvfd.com

Hope everyone is having a great New Year!

Dave
                  Dave Iannone
                  Founder & Former Publisher, Firehouse.com, now Forum participant

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X