FDNY TEST NEW INFO...Must Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY TEST NEW INFO...Must Read

1. There will be 2 new sections that aren't in the study books or ever given on previous tests. They say these 2 new sections on the test will test us on who we are and more about how we think and etc...Best bet is to go to the Test Prep centers they have at Highschools in 07, just visit the official website.

2. Make sure you sign up to become a EMT, why? Well....after completing 2 years of EMT work, you'll be able to take the next FDNY Test, but as a Promotional test, meaning you can score a 80 on it, and automatically be moved up passed the guy who is taking the open competitive test and got a 95 on it. ( Don't recommend it ) But become a EMS to get a bit of training for when you get Called, you can have a edge as a probie in medical field )So make sure you sign up to become a EMT, A EMT will run you about $800 , but i have information on taking EMT classes for free, so Message me or Email me at [email protected]

3) Study alot, the most difficult part on the FDNY test is the Memorization part, best thing to do is study and also practice your memory on different things you see and etc...

I'll post more about the new sections that are being added to the test !

P.S i'm not trying to take the backdoor way, but the instructors; one is a Captain and other is Luiet. Were telling the class this and told us to sign up for this.
    Last edited by Moediaz; 12-22-2006, 10:31 PM.

Originally posted by Moediaz View Post

2. Make sure you sign up to become a EMT, why? Well....after completing 2 years of EMT work, you'll be able to take the next FDNY Test, but as a Promotional test, meaning you can score a 80 on it, and automatically be moved up passed the guy who is taking the open competitive test and got a 95 on it. So make sure you sign up to become a EMT, A EMT will run you about $800 , but i have information on taking EMT classes for free, so Message me or Email me at [email protected]
    AAA yes...the ole' back door trick....Yup do this and you are WELLLL on your way to mastering the art of Square Rooting........
    IACOJ Member

Comment

Originally posted by VinnieB View Post
      AAA yes...the ole' back door trick....Yup do this and you are WELLLL on your way to mastering the art of Square Rooting........
      You want to be a part of the Greatest job on the planet?

Take the hard way and earn the respect. Or you could do it Matt's way...and I quote:
      you can score a 80 on it, and automatically be moved up passed the guy who is taking the open competitive test and got a 95 on it.

It's true, you can do that. It will follow you your entire career, not in a good way either.

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt View Post
        You want to be a part of the Greatest job on the planet?

Take the hard way and earn the respect. Or you could do it Matt's way...and I quote:
        you can score a 80 on it, and automatically be moved up passed the guy who is taking the open competitive test and got a 95 on it.

It's true, you can do that. It will follow you your entire career, not in a good way either.
        Absolutley Boss. You would know better than me on this....It seems that most of the EMS promotees....turned out to be total hair bags. There are good ones...but in my short time, most I have crossed are hooples.
        IACOJ Member

Comment

I'd rather work with the... "guy who is taking the open competetive test and got a 95 on it"... than the guy who scored an 80 but happened to be EMS....and so would just about every other guy already on the job who did'nt come through the back door!!!. If this is the future of the job, I'm glad I only have a couple years left.

Comment

That is very true with what you guys are saying, i myself i'm taking the opem competitive test and i'm only 17, firefighting is my dream job. I've been studying and everything, but let's say i get a 98 or 99...and i have to tell them i'm not old enough when they call me, wouldn't working with the EMS and then taking promotional test help me?? Or would they call me back once i turn 21???

Also, note....There are 2 new sections that firefighters never took that is going to be on this test.

Comment

Kids, dont waste your time taking an EMT class outside of the job. FDNY EMS does not recognize it. You still would have to go through the academy that they hold, which usually contains 2-300lb losers! If you dont believe me take a drive down the Cross Island when its not raining, cause those nancy's wont be out in the bad weather. I took EMT in college for 7 credits and to fulfill the CFR requirement back in 99, all it did was prevent me from having to take it at a later date. And that is the back door way, and you know what, everyone knows if youre Open or Promotional, we can tell in the first few weeks, just ask the guys at 66 Engine! :-)

happy holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Moediaz View Post
                That is very true with what you guys are saying, i myself i'm taking the opem competitive test and i'm only 17, firefighting is my dream job. I've been studying and everything, but let's say i get a 98 or 99...and i have to tell them i'm not old enough when they call me, wouldn't working with the EMS and then taking promotional test help me?? Or would they call me back once i turn 21???

Also, note....There are 2 new sections that firefighters never took that is going to be on this test.
                They'll call you back when you're 21. Do it the man's way.

Comment

Jeez guys.

Ain't one of you going to pat his wee tooshie and say "You go Girl"
                  Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                  Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
                    Jeez guys.

Ain't one of you going to pat his wee tooshie and say "You go Girl"
                    No.

My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by VinnieB View Post
                      Yup do this and you are WELLLL on your way to mastering the art of Square Rooting........

I'm afraid to ask what this means, but I gotta. What?
                      I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
                        Square rooting?
                        Figuring GPM flow for a smoothbore? (29.7 x D x *SqR nozzle pressure)

*LOL* Only thing that came to mind...
                        My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Well by reading the posts do you think its anything good? This guy was in the hiring section of the forum saying the same thing. I guess he did not believe me.

Comment

The term Square Rooter refers to a guy who plays all the angles in a self serving way. Usually with little thought about the impact on others, as long as he gets what he needs. "I got mine" (IGM) is often found near his name as well as a square root symbol.
                            Square rooters are found out early, sometimes in proby school as can be seen below:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thats great.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse