X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "dirty money"

California Stripper Santas Bare All for Toy Drive
    Story by nbc11.com

Exotic dancers are taking it all off at the Gold Club to help put presents under the tree.

They plan to raise $15,000 for the firefighter toy program by Friday.

But some critics say it's dirty money and the city shouldn't accept it.

Firefighters say that criticism is unfair.

"There has been some criticism of where the money comes from but they're opening up their hearts for kids of San Francisco," said Bob Lopez with the San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program.

A $10 donation goes directly to the toy drive.

"I brought a big huge stuffed dog. I gave it to a little boy and his face was absolutely priceless," said dancer Debbi Licious.

NBC11 News spoke to parents who say the dancers are working it for a good cause.

"I don't think there should be criticism for a legal business to give money to charity they should be commended," said one man.

This time of year, the San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program hands out toys to 300 families a day.

Exotic dancers say they will present a check and help hand out toys Friday

Ironically, some of those who say this is "dirty money" for the kids have no problem going to the club for a bachelor party...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post

Ironically, some of those who say this is "dirty money" for the kids have no problem going to the club for a bachelor party...
    That's what I was thinking, Gonz........

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter where the money is coming from (as long as it's legal)???? Those same dollars where earned by someone else and will spend the same, whether the damcer uses it to pay her rent, buy clothes, or use it to buy toys........
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Comment

It's a shame someone would judge the good intentions of others. In fact if I wasn't on the opposite side of the country I'd gladly go to the Gold Club and give $10..for the kids of course.

Comment

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
        It's a shame someone would judge the good intentions of others. In fact if I wasn't on the opposite side of the country I'd gladly go to the Gold Club and give $10..for the kids of course.

Do I hear a motion for a ...

Road trip!
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I think Chiefs pay twenty.

Comment

There are many ways that money becomes dirty. There are many ways that money comes from vile sources. This certainly isn't one of them. Merry Christmas.
            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Ho Ho Ho

Also... Imagine the big smiles on the faces of some of the boys when they receive their gift from one of the ladies
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Although it certainly is not a job you can do up to retirement most likely, I would bet it keeps single moms off welfare and other government programs.

There are those who have thier vices that keep them from saving any real money -
                Warm Regards,
                Shawn Stoner
                EMT-B

Comment

This topic is vaguely ringing some bells. Wasn't there a similar incident recently (in the past year or so) when a "cathouse" (I think) wanted to donate some of their proceeds to a charity or due to a natural disaster, and it caused a big stink, even though the establishment in question was a legitimate business? For Katrina perhaps? Wildfires? Drawing a blank.
                  September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Hah...

Perspective: it's Frisco. They're probably just ****ed it's not an army of Deuce Bigalows "Stripping for Charity".
                    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

real money
                      Want to define those words Bro?
                      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

"real money"
                        Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
                        Want to define those words Bro?
                        Well, granted, I'm not Stoner, but I think "real money" is the opposite of....

Course I may be wrong, and that may well qualify as "real money" .... somewhere...
                        My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

RspctfrmCalgary

I think this is the story you are thinking of.

http://server.firehouse.com/news/200...strippers.html

I vote for the road trip. Our newly promoted Chief needs a promotion party!!

Stay Safe
                          IACOJ

Comment

Huh??............

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
                            I think Chiefs pay twenty.
                            HEY!!.... Just a minute..........
                            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                            In memory of
                            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                              Do I hear a motion for a ...

Road trip!
                              If that is how you got your "white" helmet, I am not going.........
                              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X