Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel so terrible,

this whole thread is my fault.

I mentioned Kentland in the Chuck Norris thread, and summoned their spirit.

SAVE US CHUCK NORRIS......
    Attached Files
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Time after time..

I heard Time magazine voted Kentland 33 as their person of the year 2006...

Comment

Nope.........

Originally posted by res1cueffd View Post
        woods will have the most to say im sure

No, I won't
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

The whole thing seemed like one big opener and what's with the jack***es standing by the truck goofing off while the house is fully engulfed.

Comment

yup that video was pretty useless. I would like the 3 minutes deposited back into my life.
            J
            It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

What they need to do is make a video of all the work after the fire. You know chief writing up a report at his disk with some metal blaring, guys washing gear with rob zombie going off in the back, and the best video of all time the hose rolling, oh i can hardly wait.
              J
              It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45 View Post
                What they need to do is make a video of all the work after the fire. You know chief writing up a report at his disk with some metal blaring, guys washing gear with rob zombie going off in the back, and the best video of all time the hose rolling, oh i can hardly wait.
                J

roll hose? ROLL HOSE?!

KENTLAND DOES NOT ROLL HOSE! They simply leave the used stuff on the curb, and Jesus Christ himself sends them new hose via UPS. Same goes for used up Air Tanks and turnout gear that gets a wittle dirty. DUH!

Comment

Originally posted by SAFD46Truck View Post
                  Pfffffffff.........a 3 minute 5 second equivalent of an "I fight what you fear" Tshirt. If you really have your sh*t straight you don't need to make a video to tell everyone.
                  I couldn't agree more.
                  http://www.sanantoniofire.org

IACOJ
                  Got Crust?

We lucky few, ... we band of brothers

Comment

Originally posted by mcfd45 View Post
                    yup that video was pretty useless. I would like the 3 minutes deposited back into my life.
                    J
                    Get in line behind me.

Comment

I have had occasion to work with 2 of the guys that run @ 33. One certainly has the "Holier than thou" complex. Doesnt listen to anybody who doesnt run there, knows more than everyone else etc. Which is ironic since he hadnt even been running there very long. Other guy, was down to earth, knew his stuff and just generally seemed like a good guy. I know for a fact he has several saves under his belt but never gloated or talked about it.. or made a video about it. But.. thats only 2 out of however many they have running there.

Comment

My question is why? Why do they feel it is necessary to be making videos like that? My knowing I did the job the to the best of my ability is all that is needed, I don't need to promote myself and tell the world I am the best fire dept. in the world, (who established this by the way?). Come on guys quit patting yourself on the back and get back to fighting fires.

Comment

I have yet to meet anyone in any dept. who didn't think that their dept/engine/ladder/rescue was the best. Better than the towns next to them, the best shift, the best engine, etc... They are the ones who put the fires out, they are the ones who go inside while their neighbors shoot water through the windows. They are the best. It is natural in the FD. Even in NY, I've been told by friends on the job their, the trucks dont like the rescues, the rescues dont like the squads, etc... Everyone does the job better than everyone else.

If they say this or that, I really dont care. They do see more fire than 9 out of 10 on these boards. Look at their web site and at the pics. There are always ladders on 4 sides of the building, done properly, truck in front, etc.. Like them or hate them, have to give them credit.

I dont lose sleep over it. Neither should anyone else.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X