• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by IronsMan53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi
    2. The driver with the map light on reading as he drives the BRT, and is SHOWN turning the damn pages. REALLY SHTUPID.

Ummm... Kiwi... That was the officer. We drive on the RIGHT side here."

Maybe you meant we drive on the right side of the roadway while seated in the left side of the apparatus? But I understood you anyway.

What is a "BRT"?
    "If you put the fire out right in the first place, you won't have to jump out the window."
    Andy Fredericks,
    FDNY E.48, SQ.18
    Alexandria, VA F.D.

Rest in Peace

Comment

Ummm... Kiwi... That was the officer. We drive on the RIGHT side here.
      Me being a Moppet of course.

BRT

Sorry,

Big

Red

Truck
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

All you need to do is volunteer 24 hours a month at Kentland and you too can be there! Those guys go to a lot of fire, how they operate I do not know, but if you have been through PG County lately its not exactly a place you want to walk around late at night unarmed, and we all know that poverty equals stupidity which equals fire.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarey View Post
          Maybe you meant we drive on the right side of the roadway while seated in the left side of the apparatus? But I understood you anyway.
          I wasn't meaning left or right. I was meaning RIGHT and WRONG.

I was just taking a friendly jab at the Kiwi brother.
          I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
          "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
          -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

jonny we arent refuting that they go to a lot of fire, but they are arrogant about it and say they are the best when they have guys at scenes wearing no shirts, i mean come on if they try to present themselves as professional/the best ever then they need to start acting like it first and foremost on the fire scene.
            FireFighter/EMT
            Rescue 1

IACOJ
            FTM-PTB

Comment

Kentland who?

Great one, LA7.
              Johnny, it isn't that they don't get work. I just feel that if they are THAT good, why do they have to remind us with a propaganda video? Every day in the US, FF's in small towns and large cities go out and HUMBLY do their jobs. Videos like this make all of us look like wackers.

Comment

Ding! Fries are done!!!!
                The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
                We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
                IACOJ

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by SAFD46Truck View Post
                  Pfffffffff.........a 3 minute 5 second equivalent of an "I fight what you fear" Tshirt.
                  Quite possibly the best statement I've ever read. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
                    if you have been through PG County lately its not exactly a place you want to walk around late at night unarmed, and we all know that poverty equals stupidity which equals fire.
                    Yep -- used to live there. A nice cross section of crime.
                    An alternate method is what I do if I've been off for a few days. I usually don't shave on those days and am often hungover/sleep deprived. So in addition to that, i mumble to myself. Plus I don't own anything of value.

BTW my department made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.
                    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

You haven't heard of the Kentland Engine 33???

Should I have??

Originally posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
                      BTW my department made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.
                      "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
                      - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

Originally posted by firenresq77 View Post
                        Ding! Fries are done!!!!
                        I was thinking the same thing.
                        Firefighter/EMT
                        My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
                          You haven't heard of the Kentland Engine 33???

Should I have??
                          course I have. they have members getting tossed out of yahoo groups all the time and a really obnoxious website.
                          I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

On the subject of the videos, do most of you think that all of the videos are bad? The reason for this question is I have been working on one for our FD. It's mostly comprised of just pictures with music in the back ground. Our thoughts for this is to use it as a recruitment tool. We are a small volunteer FD and have been trying to get some new / young blood in our department. Just as a side note we are nothing like Kentland as far as being over bearing or having the masive attitude. We were thinking of using the video during the senior week when colleges and the military comes in and sets up booths at the local high school.

What are your thoughts?
                            It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

Originally posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
                              course I have. they have members getting tossed out of yahoo groups all the time and a really obnoxious website.
                              Don, I knew you knew...I was posting that as a lead in to your "kessel run"...
                              (Han Solo: You haven't heard on the Milliniuem Falcon?....Obie Wan: Should I have? Han Solo: Well, it made the Kessel...)
                              "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
                              - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMerlin View Post
                                On the subject of the videos, do most of you think that all of the videos are bad? The reason for this question is I have been working on one for our FD. It's mostly comprised of just pictures with music in the back ground. Our thoughts for this is to use it as a recruitment tool. We are a small volunteer FD and have been trying to get some new / young blood in our department. Just as a side note we are nothing like Kentland as far as being over bearing or having the masive attitude. We were thinking of using the video during the senior week when colleges and the military comes in and sets up booths at the local high school.

What are your thoughts?
                                I don't think they're bad in the right context and done with some taste. I'm not a big fan of the front-seat videos while responding busting intersections, etc. I dont' mind one bit seeing fireground videos. Do it in good taste show your target group some of what you do (including some of the non-emergency stuff like training), and you'll be alright. I know of some departments and academies that use videos during various ceremonies, department dinners and such.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X