exhaust removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust removal

Can someone tell me if there are any laws concerning putting living quarters an a volunteer station that the quarters will be a room directly off of the truck bays?
    Does nfpa,osha,etc... require exhaust removal or anything like????? J
    " Love thy neighbor as if he were your brother , and love thy brother as if he were thy self" (c) ME 2001

I researched this for my combination department several months ago and was unable to find anything in OSHA or NFPA requiring them. (It might be in there, I just couldn't find it). Our state OSHA plan does require exhaust systems in any new station that is constructed regardless of living quarters. Hope this helps.

Comment

I bet if you call the manufactuers, they will hook you up right on the spot.

Comment

Not sure about laws on living quarters off of engine bays, the problem you'll have which will require exhaust removal is the level of CO in the area possibly high then is allowed by OSHA in a certain period of time. Best place to start would be you local building Codes or State Building Codes, there probably quite a lot of differences across the US.

Comment

hs738- Find out if your community uses the ICC series (International Code Council) as their building codes. If so, let me know and I will research to see if they specify anything.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Check NFPA 1500 2007 edition.

Chapter 9: Facility Safety; has a section where it states that vehicle emmissions shall be prevented from entering the crew quarters.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X