Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcfd45
    replied
    I think their is something behind this more then a "concerned" firefighter. But if you are looking to **** off the whole crew go and rat em out.
    J

Leave a comment:

• FFFRED
    replied
    Someone better go get the Rat....

FTM-PTB
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jasper45
    replied
    So, does this thread mean that everyone isn't taking these tests this way?

Honestly, I'm glad I don't work with someone who would come into an open forum, and then squeal on their brothers.
    I realize there are a few easy names to throw out that I would expect this from, I'm just glad they're not associated with me.
    Last edited by jasper45; 12-26-2006, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FFFRED
    replied
    Originally posted by Troublemaker05 View Post
    I really cant believe any of you think that this is some kind of joke.
    I also cannot understand the lack of ethics, the NIMS system is what it is, and to say that defrauding the system on any level, is acceptable: that is a disgrace to the uniform.
    It would not surprise me to discover that any person that would defend cheating on a fire exam / test would be the same type of person picking up the gold watch at the fire scene.

As for the original question (which no one has answered yet) what are the consequences???
    The only joke here is you. No one cares about some nonsensical Federal government three ring circus. It would appear your dept is doing much of what I suggested others do. Create some paperwork and side bulletin or policy in regards to this NIMS garbage and continue to develop a working command system for you and your regional departments based on your operations. It is what many depts I know are doing in regards to this silly garbage...and frankly I agree with it.

Stop taking yourself so seriously in regards to these DHS dopes and their f*ckshop operation. The only disgrace to your uniform and oath would be to sit idly by and let some bureacrats take over your operations wholesale with their idea of how it should be handled. You are supposed to be the proffesional and the one with the knowledge of how to fight fires in your city...not some desk commando bravely issuing policies from behind his mahogany desk.

Equating firemen who see this FEMA/DHS Bull sh*t for what it really is and doing their part to jump through the hoops set up by these extortionists without confusing or wasting your members time...with thiefs and crooks who fail integrity tests of pilfering through others property at a job is absurd and baseless.

There are NO consequences for them and there should only be consequences for people like you who are filthy rats with big mouths.

FTM-PTB

PS-Chicgao was right...you are the winner of the biggest Hand-job award. Don't be such a quisling.
    Last edited by FFFRED; 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Nscaff,Nice job! See my condensed version above.The Feds "mandate"it but for the most part they don't do it.Just more UNFUNDED bureaucratic(sp?) BS to add to the mandatories.It IS Fire Command(original)with a few other items thrown in.Oh well, once again we'll set the pace and the stage for the followers.I'm signing up with Harve's outfit. Simple and effective. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• NonSurfinCaFF
    replied
    Originally posted by Frmboybuck View Post
    I guess I dont understand what the government thinks is so special about NIMS....It is nothing that we(as departments) have not been doing for years. Its not the fire and EMS that need the "wake up call" of NIMS but the law enforcement. They like to try to take things over that does not belong to them.....Atleast around here they do
    The ICS portion of NIMS is based on the heavily used ICS system of FIRESCOPE and NIIMS, which has been used by Federal agencies for years to manage disasters. It is also widely used by departments around the country along with the similar Fire Ground Command system championed by Chief Brunacini.

The ICS system adopted by NIMS has been well tested in fire and non-fire emergencies over the years. The failures of the system are mostly human related misunderstandings, power trips, vest envy etc.

ICS is a small portion of NIMS, one of the major goals of NIMS is not to make all fire departments use NIMS ICS, it is to get all those non-fire agencies (like your above mentioned LE) into the system. How much buy in do you think these agencies will have if fire continues to be buisness as usual, that is why fire is being pushed to accept the training.

Another part of NIMS is pre-planning, sure it may be easy enough to call up your buddy at the school district to order up some busses, but the idea is to have these things set up in advance so you know what will be available not calling to ask when you need it. Contracts in place (helps avoid court battles later regarding who pays and how much). Nice to know xyz shool district can supply 4 short busses, and three 40 footers, that Wippet bus lines can provide 6 tour busses with bathroom facilities but will on average take 2 hours to get them on the road etc.

NIMS is not all about fire, its about getting the other agencies into a system everybody understands just in case.

You guys willing to use the cops ICS, how about public works? I'm sure some of them are asking why they need to learn this fire crud, they don't go to fires.

Got to use something, might as well use the system used by the one footing the bill (ultimaely the Feds pay for nearly every major disaster).

As to the original question, I don't think anyone cares, the online training prafctically invites people to cheat.

Its kind of like school, you're only cheating yourself, so if you don't think you need it your not missing much until you do. When you retire you'll find out if you were right.

Leave a comment:

• Frmboybuck
    replied
    I guess I dont understand what the government thinks is so special about NIMS....It is nothing that we(as departments) have not been doing for years. Its not the fire and EMS that need the "wake up call" of NIMS but the law enforcement. They like to try to take things over that does not belong to them.....Atleast around here they do

Leave a comment:

• Bowbreaker
    replied
    Troublemaker05,

Unlike some on this forum, you think that cheating is wrong. Your only mistake was to assume the government cares. The only consequences to not becoming NIMS compliant is if you receive or wish to receive Federal funds in the future. The funds are tied to compliance with non funded mandates.

I don’t think the Feds really care if everyone sets down and individually takes the tests online or not. The system is self policed and the standards are set by the local agency. The Feds don’t care how your agency become compliant. I’m sure the people in charge realize some departments still have a lot of firefighters, that prefer to ride the tailboard on open top trucks, that will resist change. These same firefighters already use some form of ICS every day. They will be told by their superior officer what they need to do on any call other than the normal calls they see every day. Only the top officers need to know the terms. The rest of the ICS adapts to the situation.

ICS is simple. You answer to your superior, who answers to their superior, and your subordinates answer to you. How is this different than the system you are using already?

Brad

Leave a comment:

• Dave1983
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    What will happen if...........??? Answer - Nothing. There is no "National Fire Service". Only thing the Feds can do is block you from getting AFG Grants, and not call you for Fires on Federal Property. There is no "Nims Police" to grab you for non-compliance. I've thought of how much fun it would be to move to an area where the State and County Governments have no interest in, or control over, Fire protection. I'd form a VFD, buy some old 50's/60's Open Cab apparatus, scrounge up the old Leather New Yorkers to wear with the black Cotton Duck coats and the 3/4 pull up Boots. Firefighting as it was meant to be...... Anyone could come for a ride-along (on the back step, of course) and buy a Tshirt.......
    If you add a tiller Im with ya Chief. How about a '54 ALF 100' tiller like my department used to have. Talk about fun!

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Yup!.........

Originally posted by stealth View Post
    Mr. Woods, When you find that place let me know. I'm there. Ahhh Utopia.
    Utopia is a "C" model, open cab Mack, straight stick, 707 thermodyne gas engine, 1,250 pumper. Of course, that working Fire after the thirty mile run in the open cab is a nice bonus............

Leave a comment:

• stealth
    replied
    I'm In!

Mr. Woods, When you find that place let me know. I'm there. Ahhh Utopia.

Leave a comment:

• needlejockey
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    What will happen if...........??? Answer - Nothing. There is no "National Fire Service". Only thing the Feds can do is block you from getting AFG Grants, and not call you for Fires on Federal Property. There is no "Nims Police" to grab you for non-compliance. I've thought of how much fun it would be to move to an area where the State and County Governments have no interest in, or control over, Fire protection. I'd form a VFD, buy some old 50's/60's Open Cab apparatus, scrounge up the old Leather New Yorkers to wear with the black Cotton Duck coats and the 3/4 pull up Boots. Firefighting as it was meant to be...... Anyone could come for a ride-along (on the back step, of course) and buy a Tshirt.......
    Ah, the good ol days. Back before I was born. Damnit, why do I have to be nostalgic for a time I never lived in? Says something about the time I am living in.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Huh??.........

Leave a comment:

• the1141man
    replied
    Originally posted by sfdffemt17 View Post
    You know, I thought I smelled a Trolling Chool around here. Troublemake05 why don;t you go troll at www.iamnotwelllikedatmydepartment.com and see if you can make friends there.
    *LOL* He played the card...

Leave a comment:

• the1141man
    replied
    Gonz says:
    The next question is "Command, standard sized K through 12 student trasnportation units or the the special short units" ?"
    Now here's the $64 million question: If 5 busses are assigned under one Senior Student Transportation Facilitator ("older bus driver" to those still in the 1970s ), and one is a Bluebird, whereas the others are all Kings, does this make it a Task Force instead of a Strike Team?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X