Consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consequences

I am a very concerned firefighter, the department that I volunteer at have been cheating on their NIMS testing
    2/3rds of the personnel including the Chief, the Assistant Chief, and on down have had a female firefighter log into the FEMA testing system and take the tests for them all.

What are the consequences of this, for the Department and the Personnel involved.

What would you do if this was going on at your station,
    the lack of integrity is disappointing to say the least.

What kind of resolution are you looking for here? Also, with the screenname "Troublemaker05" some people may be reluctant to take this thread seriously.

Comment

Forget it!

Just forget how they take or pass the class. It's just a federal requirement to have the "training?" in order to receive federal grant funds. Spend your effort developing a system that works for both your department and the surrounding ones.

NOTE: I still call the fourth floor the fourth floor.

Stay safe,

Pete
      Pete Sinclair
      Hartford, MI
      IACOJ (Retired Division)

Comment

Originally posted by Troublemaker05 View Post
        I am a very concerned firefighter, the department that I volunteer at have been cheating on their NIMS testing
        2/3rds of the personnel including the Chief, the Assistant Chief, and on down have had a female firefighter log into the FEMA testing system and take the tests for them all.

What are the consequences of this, for the Department and the Personnel involved.

tell the department i'll do the same thing all i'll need is the social security number since they apparently have no problem giving it out all other info can be found after that lol

Comment

Originally posted by pete892 View Post

Stay safe,

Pete
          Wait, I thought it was Divisional Zone Sector 4???
          Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Just forget how they take or pass the class. It's just a federal requirement to have the "training?" in order to receive federal grant funds. Spend your effort developing a system that works for both your department and the surrounding ones.

Stay safe,

Pete
            You are 100% right. We're talking about the Feds, you know, the ones that have all these master plans for when everything goes wrong; they train in it, get paid descent $$ for it, and muck it up when it comes time for the real thing. Think about it, they took the ICS that most places (I use most loosly there) and added a "National" to it! Whoop dee doo!!

Oh yeah, I work for the Feds too!
            A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Stay safe,

Pete
              You are 100% right. We're talking about the Feds, you know, the ones that have all these master plans for when everything goes wrong; they train in it, get paid descent $$ for it, and muck it up when it comes time for the real thing. Think about it, they took the ICS that most places (I use most loosly there) and added a "National" to it! Whoop dee doo!!

A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Stay safe,

Pete

Comment

It is foolish to have someone else take the quiz for you. To me thier is only two reasons for this. 1 they are to stupid to pass, 2 they think it is a waste of time because their extensive disaster experience has given then the experience and resources to handle everything all by themselves.
                  No matter how you look at it , this screams unprofessional. If you aren't good at taking tests, print the test out, read it, then take the class. working on the test as you go.

Am I a giant fan of NIMS, no, but it is the new way of doing things and we should all make some effort to follow it. It comes down to some new terminology, so what, just learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by ADSNWFLD View Post
                    Am I a giant fan of NIMS, no, but it is the new way of doing things and we should all make some effort to follow it. It comes down to some new terminology, so what, just learn it.
                    Why??????????
                    (needed ?'s to make the post long enough)
                    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by Troublemaker05 View Post

If you are serious with this post (which I doubt) you have to be the biggest hand job ever.
                      I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF View Post
                        If you are serious with this post (which I doubt) you have to be the biggest hand job ever.
                        Now i just had to LOL at that. If you really are serious about the problem troublemaker05 just what did you expect to hear? You cant possibly run the dept with only 1/3rds of the members......dont rock the boat unless youre ready to handle the consequences. Just find a different department if it makes you uncomfortable. But i seriously doubt that it will affect the performance of the dept in anyway. The NIMS stuff is just the feds way of making you jump through hoops to get money.
                        FireFighter/EMT
                        Rescue 1

IACOJ
                        FTM-PTB

Comment

Yeah technically their wrong, but so what. NIMS is worthless. Honest guys, how many classes have you been to and the instructor has pretty much, if not outright, walked you through the test as a group?

When it comes to written test taking I'm not a fan. For a service that is practical orientated, like firefighting, what you know on paper doesn't amount to crap if you can't do it in real life. Practical evolutions are the only real way to test knowledge. I know a bunch of guys that either would get a crappy score or even fail a written test about firefighting, but put them in a fire and they'll get a 100%. Conversly, I also know people that have 100% scores on lots of tests, a ton of certifications, but when you put them in a fire they boil their team or worse.
                          Fir Na Tine
                          Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Originally posted by needlejockey View Post
                            When it comes to written test taking I'm not a fan. For a service that is practical orientated, like firefighting, what you know on paper doesn't amount to crap if you can't do it in real life. Practical evolutions are the only real way to test knowledge. I know a bunch of guys that either would get a crappy score or even fail a written test about firefighting, but put them in a fire and they'll get a 100%. Conversly, I also know people that have 100% scores on lots of tests, a ton of certifications, but when you put them in a fire they boil their team or worse.
                            I agree with you 100%!!

Comment

Simply put: NIMS is worthless crap!!! You whistle blowing bufff! Find something else to complain about!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X