Breaking News- London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News- London

A small area of NW London was hit by a Tornado this morning....initially prompting fears of another terrorist outrage from the high number of calls to the Emergency Services to 'explosions' collapses and so on.

Many houses and cars were damaged and a few people injured in the tornado which lasted 'a matter of seconds' the damage covered approximately 10 streets over 1/4 square mile

LFB sent more than 20 pumps, several Rescue Co's, USAR, CBRN teams etc. LFB crews searched over 100 properties, but thankfully due to the time of day (11am UK time) most people in this affluent area of London were out working and only 6 were injured....

Sky News

BBC News
    Last edited by SteveDude; 12-07-2006, 10:14 AM.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

You guys have tornados?

That's news to me. Sounds like you guys had your hands full for a lil bit there.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Comment

BBC site

The BBC site has an excllent explaination of how a tornado forms, as well as a great graphic and explanation of the Fujita scale.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
        You guys have tornados?

That's news to me. Sounds like you guys had your hands full for a lil bit there.
        We have more tornadoes than any other country apart from the Netherlands... relative to our land mass. An average of 35 per year, the reocrd was 145 in 1982. But usually they are not very serious and very rarely hit built up areas. The last time a significany tornado hoit a built up area in the UK was in Birmingham In July 2005 where 20 were injured and £40m damage caused.
        UK Tornadoes
        Last edited by SteveDude; 12-07-2006, 06:02 PM.
        Steve Dude
        IACOJ member
        www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse