No announcement yet.

Air mask fogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try the eyeglass cleaner/antifog from local hardware store. works really good ive used it for years.

Comment

Old scuba diver trick.....

spit on the lense, rub it around, wipe dry.
      Works everytime.
      Jason Knecht
      Firefighter/EMT
      Township Fire Dept., Inc.
      Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
      http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
      EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

Do what Chicago said, take off your mask until you are inside and need it. It annoys me when I see guys having there mask on in the truck going to a fire so that by the time the get there they can't see anything about the structure they are going into. Wait until the last moment you need it, then put it on. And if you go outside take it off. This is what I do to save time, it isnt NFPA recommended, but it saves time. I keep my mask on the regulator once I check the truck out and leave it on. Once I need my mask on in a fire I charge my bottle then put my mask on whith the regulator still attached. I have already tested the seal and operation at the start of shift so I dont need to retest the seal and all that. And with positive pressure, I dont even tighten up my top straps I leave them where they need to be so all I need to do is tighten the bottom two and go. It is alot more quick. Inside the fire wipe off your mask and keep moving the line.

Comment

Head to your local ski shop, they'll direct you to what you need People have been using anti-fogging material for skiing for years.

On another note, each Firefighter should follow their SOP and not suggestions here in regards to when they should have their face piece on. Not all Departments are the same and there is no "one right way".
          Local 2068

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X