Charlotte, NC LODD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte, NC LODD

Charlotte, N.C.- It is with great regret and sadness that the Charlotte Fire Department announces the sudden death of a member of our own family. Just before 6:00 pm Friday, December 01, 2006 Charlotte FireFighter Kent Furman Long, 44 years old collapsed at Charlotte Fire Station # 23 while on duty. Fellow FireFighters began immediate resuscitation efforts along with a Medic crew that was on duty at the fire station. Brother Kent Long was quickly transported to Carolinas Medical Center where continued efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful. Our prayers, thoughts, and support go out to the Kent Long family at this very difficult time. The Charlotte Fire Dept family is grateful for the support that has already been extended to us as we deal with this tragic event. Visitation to be held Monday, Dec. 4, at Hickory Grove Baptist Church from 9:30-11am. Service to be held at 11:30am at Hickory Grove Baptist Church, 6050 Hickory Grove Rd, Charlotte, NC. Graveside to be held following service at Evergreen Cemetery, 4426 CENTRAL AVE, Charlotte, NC.

Firefighter Kent Furman Long

1962-2006
    Date of Hire 9.27.1989 as a Member of Recruit Class # 35
    17 Years of service

Kent leaves behind a wife Gina, 3 children and many brothers and sisters of the Fire Service

Rest In Peace Brother Long!!

Your family and the brothers from Station 23 are in our prayers.

My condolences to the Charlotte Fire Department and the Long family.

Sleep with angels, Kent
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Rest in Peace...
      Steve Dude
      IACOJ member
      www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Comment

Rest in peace brother...........
        No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

All of you Charlotte guys are in my prayers as well as Firefighter Longs family and my fire department extends our condolences to Firefighter Longs family as well as his CFD brothers and sisters.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X