No announcement yet.

Who said packing hose is not fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to Hey Probie get your *** up on that F...ing Truck and load the the F...ing hose! Oh wait we can't say that anymore. Some one might get there feelings hurt!

Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

All in the name of Ergonomics.

Your insurance company would be proud.
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ullrichk
        In looking again I noticed the LDH is loaded on opposite sides of the hose bed with a length of hose crossing over from one side to the other. It looks like 2-1/2" or 3" in between the two LDH bays.

Is there some reason I haven't heard of to split the lay like this? I'd be inclined to put LDH on one side, smaller hose on the other. What gives?
        My guess is to keep the load balanced; easier on the hydraulics and lifting mechanism.
        -------------------
        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
        -----------------------------------------------
        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Originally posted by KenNFD1219
          My guess is to keep the load balanced; easier on the hydraulics and lifting mechanism.
          Yup, and the sides fold down, and those center sections of 2 1/2 can be slid out to load independantly as well. The idea is no one climbs anywhere on the truck.

A waste of space, weight, and money to me.
          Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

I've seen lots of sales promotion pictures of this "innovation" by Pierce. Does anyone know anyone that actually HAS one of these? Really would be curious to see how they actually work on a fireground, not a sales demo.

Awfully clean gear and hose in that picture...
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

seems like a huge waste of space.
              Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
              IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42
                Awfully clean gear and hose in that picture...
                They where on a washdown call......
                You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Comment

I can't resist....How come only the men are loading the hose? Gotta run, here come the PC Police.

Comment

Originally posted by IFDFFENG20
                    I can't resist....How come only the men are loading the hose? Gotta run, here come the PC Police.
                    'Cause 5" is heavy!
                    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                    IAFF Local 2339
                    K of C 4th Degree
                    "LEATHER FOREVER"
                    Member I.A.C.O.J.
                    http://www.tfdfire.com/
                    "Fir na tine"

Comment

how big of a tank can that thing have if the whole center section is big ol stupid hydraulic hose bed?

Comment

Originally posted by dustinlevengood
                        how big of a tank can that thing have if the whole center section is big ol stupid hydraulic hose bed?
                        it's either 500 or 750
                        The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

Actual delivery

http://www.piercemfg.com/company/newsstory.cfm?ID=133

In addition to the Pack Mule hosebed, each Enforcer pumper is equipped with TAK-4® independent front suspension, a Side Roll Protection™ system, a 500-gallon water tank, a 1,500 gpm Waterous pump, the Husky® foam system, a 400 hp Cummins ISL engine, a 10" raised-roof cab and a 19" extended front bumper. Singer Associates Fire Equipment Inc. of Gainesville, Va., is the local Pierce dealer.
                          Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
                          "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

Originally posted by OlieCan

Collosal waste of space and $$$

FTM-PTB

Comment

Climb two steps to get up top and you have the same effect.

Loading a 4 or 5" flat lay is just about the easiest task in the service.

I'm waiting for a hydraulic arm with a manipulator to lay the hose while the bed lowers itself to the ground.
                              "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Comment

Originally posted by OlieCan
                                Not to mention one more moving part to break and have to keep paying to fix once it starts showing it's age.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X