Wearing Two Pairs Of Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I read this thread, I'm interested in getting one of these:

Do you think I can get a second mask to go over the first one?
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Originally posted by KenNFD1219
      Since I read this thread, I'm interested in getting one of these:

Do you think I can get a second mask to go over the first one?
      You mean you only have ONE now?! What happens if it fails?
      Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
      IAFF Local 2339
      K of C 4th Degree
      "LEATHER FOREVER"
      Member I.A.C.O.J.
      http://www.tfdfire.com/
      "Fir na tine"

Comment

Originally posted by BFDNJFF
        So you don't strip down to your underwear ??????????? LMAO

Me I wear an aluminum foil jumpsuit under my gear. I find it reflects the heat well and I can always throw popcorn in my pocket to pop it if it gets to hot.

Correct me if I'M wrong but, I though I was suppossed to use the tin foil under my helmet so the micro chip the CIA planted a few years ago can't transmitt! If you have to wear a jumpsuit does that mean your transmitter is attached to something other than your brain?

Comment

Originally posted by LFD1MICHAEL
          Correct me if I'M wrong but, I though I was suppossed to use the tin foil under my helmet so the micro chip the CIA planted a few years ago can't transmitt! If you have to wear a jumpsuit does that mean your transmitter is attached to something other than your brain?
          I think your confusing the "transmitter" in your brain with the "emitter" that is about 3 feet lower.
          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
          IAFF Local 2339
          K of C 4th Degree
          "LEATHER FOREVER"
          Member I.A.C.O.J.
          http://www.tfdfire.com/
          "Fir na tine"

Comment

Please tell me this thread was a joke right from the start. It was a joke right?
            Chris Shields
            Lieutenant / EMT
            Haz-Mat Technician
            East Syracuse Fire Dept
            Onondaga County, NY

Comment

Originally posted by SIGNAL99COM
              Please tell me this thread was a joke right from the start. It was a joke right?
              Um, No. Are you trying to say that you don't wear two SCBA's, two pairs of pants with 3/4 boots, 3 jackets, and 3-4 pairs of gloves?? My god man, safety first!!!

Have another cup of coffee and read it again bro

Comment

Originally posted by KyleWickman
                I wear my department issued underware over my pants.

On a side not, always a great prank. Get a nice pair of womens underwear (preferably a thong), and put it over the prankee's pants, and pull them back down so they are ready to wear. The next run he gets, he pulls up his pants, with the underwear outside. Kinda hard to explain to a chief with no sense of humor, however.
                Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF
                  I find that if I wear two pairs of pants I can work longer in a hot enviroment. Oh sure, it slows me down a bit, but I feel safer. Once at a fire I went in and could feel heat on my legs and I didn't like this. So now I wear two pairs of pants and I don't ever have to feel that heat again. I would never work for a department that wouldn't let me wear two pairs of pants because of their ignorant disregard for my safety and feelings. What about you guys?
                  I couldn't agree more......on a side note, my second pair of pants fits much better now, since I've removed my ball$.
                  Wanna buy a bridge?

Comment

Noooooooo hehehe

Some people might think the 2 Hoods thread and others of it's ilk are "a joke". So I guess it depends on what you mean by "a joke".

hehehehe I'm such a little **** disturber. Where's my halo?
                    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods
                      That loud splash was the sound of the bait hitting the water........

I kinda liked Harve's response though
                      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

LMAO!! But seriously though, did anyone ever think that it might be a bit safer just to stay in the rig? Nice climate controlled atmosphere... unless you've got an open cab. Maybe a scarf to go around the 2 hoods in cold weather if that's the case?
                        SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
                        Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
                        I.A.C.O.J.

Comment

Originally posted by kprsn1
                          LMAO!! But seriously though, did anyone ever think that it might be a bit safer just to stay in the rig? Nice climate controlled atmosphere... unless you've got an open cab. Maybe a scarf to go around the 2 hoods in cold weather if that's the case?

Thats why they give us deck guns, right?

Comment

Originally posted by malana1
                            I got tired of the whole leather vs. plastic helmet debate so now I wear both. I soon realized thay this offers a huge improvment in cranium protection. Looks a little different but I have noticed it is catching on with the brothers. We just our ISO rating reduced to a four and I contribute this directly to my double helmet policy.
                            How about leather v plastic pants? Or is that a different discussion?
                            I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

My friends say that since I got engaged I don't even wear one pair of pants anymore. I guess I'll really feel the heat!
                              So you call this your free country
                              Tell me why it costs so much to live
                              -3dd

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl
                                On a side not, always a great prank. Get a nice pair of womens underwear (preferably a thong), and put it over the prankee's pants, and pull them back down so they are ready to wear. The next run he gets, he pulls up his pants, with the underwear outside. Kinda hard to explain to a chief with no sense of humor, however.

Hehehehehehe......OHHH THE POSSIBILITIES!
                                ------------------------------------
                                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                                ------------------------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X