MSA mask issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSA mask issue

Last night during a chimney fire 2 members noticed that while not clipped into their regulators they were unable to inhale ambient air through their masks. Anyone ever had this problem? Could it be due to the cold weather? These have been super reliable packs and masks, and this is really the first issue we've had.

You may want to check the inlet valve disk, we have had this problem the disk stick to the inlet and makes it hard to take a breath untill it brakes free.
    FFBAER

The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

I just called our rep and he said the same thing... to push the disc back with a pencil. Any clue what causes this disc to stick?

Comment

We have found that it happens after cleaning and you let water set in the inlet valve. We turn the mask so the inlet valve is up and let it dry that way so the water will drain away from the inlet valve.
        FFBAER

The opinions presented here are my own; and are not those of any organization that I belong to, or work for.

Comment

It could be due to the cold weather, what temperature was it outside, you are in colorado right? A little water and a little cold can cause it to happen.

Comment

I would also suspect the inlet valve. Like it was mentioned it is probably from cleaning, but I would suspect that the mask is not rinsed with enough clean water to flush out the cleaning solution. This has happened to me a couple of time and one big fast inhale would pop the seal loose.
            IACOJ - Senior Jake

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X