Message from Kim McKay-**Please Read**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message from Kim McKay-**Please Read**

To all of you out there who are mourning with us I want to say thank you.

However I also want to say this to every emergency worker out there: Remember why you chose to do the job you do; it isn't for the recognition or the great paycheck LOL but whether it was because of compassion for others, the thrill of the job, or the adrenaline high you get from the job you do. This has taken a toll on you as well as on us and we know that. I believe Jason would want all of you to remember the good times and not just the bad. To remember what it feels like when the sound of the tones calls you to duty, remember the feeling of a well fought fight, remember the feeling you have when you get back to the station, when you're so tired you can barely put one foot in front of the other and yet you still have a smile on your face because you won another one.

I know the anger and the frustration you are feeling but what I don't want is for you to forget the other things that mean so much to all of us.

Also remember the next time you go out on the line you will have a little extra help from 5 firefighters with brand new wings looking out for each and every one of you.

I also want to say thank you to everyone who has laughed with us, cried with us, and remembered with us. You made a very tragic time much more bearable than you will ever know. I wouldn't know where to start on making a list of all those people who have helped us since this happened so thank you all.

God bless, God speed
    Kim McKay
    Jason McKay's sister

(Jason was one of five FF who died fighting the Esperanza Fire in California.)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...