Owi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owi

Im am 23. Recieved an OWI and 2 speeding tickets at age 20 and that's the bottom line. I have a Fire associates degree and am currently enrolled in Paramedic program. I have a lot of great references including the fire dept. that I interned at for a year. My criminal record is clean. Does anyone have any experience or advice with dealing with an OWI particularly in Wisconsin? Also, is there any laws governing the operation of emergency vehicle after being convicted of an OWI. Let's say that I do an excellent job of explaining my past and how I have learned and changed from it, will a department even be able to insure me with their insurance?

Originally posted by jobdreamer
    Im am 23. Recieved an OWI and 2 speeding tickets at age 20 and that's the bottom line. I have a Fire associates degree and am currently enrolled in Paramedic program. I have a lot of great references including the fire dept. that I interned at for a year. My criminal record is clean. Does anyone have any experience or advice with dealing with an OWI particularly in Wisconsin? Also, is there any laws governing the operation of emergency vehicle after being convicted of an OWI. Let's say that I do an excellent job of explaining my past and how I have learned and changed from it, will a department even be able to insure me with their insurance?
    depending on where you want to work, it might be hard. The ambulance I currently run with will say no to you if you have more than one offense when they run your record. It's not the company, but the insurance. As for the FD thing..well..hard to say. If you've been clean, and your open and honest about it. It may get overlooked, but, then again..it might not.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

I can only speak for Pa, but in Pa, you can't operate an emergency vehicle for 5 years after any type of alcohol related offense.

However, it never hurts to ask around. I'd hope you are open to moving. If so, that will open a lot of options up for you, and it's not impossible, just never give up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X