Military Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Experience

I have a question, I have been a firefighter in the military for about five years now, 4 of those were riding the rescue rig, and I should be out of the military by next year. I have good knowledge about the fire ground, I have the following certs.- FF 1, 2/ AARF/ Driver operator pumper, and mobile water/ Telecumunicator 1, 2/ rescue technician 1, and confined space / water rescue, SCUBA qualified, hazmat technician, Texas state EMT-B, and space shuttle rescue (this wont be much help I think, lol) What I was wondering if any of this matters in applying for a fire department? I realize there is no better job then a firefighter, so I am just hoping I won’t have to start all over again. I am looking to go work in Indiana, but I would appreciate any help I can get no matter what state thank you

Originally posted by rleslie65
    I have a question, I have been a firefighter in the military for about five years now, 4 of those were riding the rescue rig, and I should be out of the military by next year. I have good knowledge about the fire ground, I have the following certs.- FF 1, 2/ AARF/ Driver operator pumper, and mobile water/ Telecumunicator 1, 2/ rescue technician 1, and confined space / water rescue, SCUBA qualified, hazmat technician, Texas state EMT-B, and space shuttle rescue (this wont be much help I think, lol) What I was wondering if any of this matters in applying for a fire department? I realize there is no better job then a firefighter, so I am just hoping I won’t have to start all over again. I am looking to go work in Indiana, but I would appreciate any help I can get no matter what state thank you
    Most fire departsments you will have to start out at the bottom as a rookie, not too many places accept lateral moves. That said your military experiance as well as your firefighting experiance will serve you will and should get you through your rookie period fairly smoothly. Good luck and get those applications started so that you can start testing and be on the job soon after your EAS!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X