Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DianeC
    replied
    According to the Firehouse story: Bruno said the fire caucus still has strong advocates such as Steny Hoyer, D-Md. and Joe Biden, D-Del.
    Yes, but you're missing the point. The Fire Caucus is one of the (if not the) biggest bi-partisan caucus' on Capitol Hill. Where's the next Republican to step up to the plate?

BTW, for those following politics, write your Dem's in support of Hoyer for Majority Leader.

Leave a comment:

• neiowa
    replied
    Originally posted by DianeC
    The difference with Curt Weldon was that he was a firefighter!! And even held the rank of chief. I don't believe anyone else in Congress (House and Senate) can say they are or were a firefighter.
    Congressman Jim Nussle (who this year made a loosing bid for IA governor) was formerly a vol FF in Manchester, IA.

According to the Firehouse story: Bruno said the fire caucus still has strong advocates such as Steny Hoyer, D-Md. and Joe Biden, D-Del.

I don't know anything about Hoyer but the only "advocating" Biden does is for Joe Biden. What a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Halligan84
    replied
    Howabout Bill Pascrell, D-NJ? http://www.pascrell.house.gov/

Wrote the FIRE Act, on the Fire Service Caucus and ranking member of the Homeland Security Emergency Management sub committee. Long considered a friend of the fire service in NJ.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by OffBase
    Three things I won't argue about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.......
    You forgot fog vs. straight stream.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    There were no less than eight Republicans who lost their re-elections because they were under investigation for various reasons.
    and yet NJ elects a guy that will most likely soon be forced to leave (his newly re-elected) office and possibly spend some jail time.

Leave a comment:

• OffBase
    replied
    Three things I won't argue about: Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.......

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Did you see Liebermann on TV?
    Did you see who he thanked and who was standing right behind him and to his left?
    Harold Schaitberger.
    The union supported an Independent. An independent. An independent...
    Resonates, doesn't it?
    CR

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    So what does that have to do with your REPUBLICAN Governor getting IAFF PAC money or an endorsement? You aren't in an IAFF Local?
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-10-2006, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DianeC
    replied
    The difference with Curt Weldon was that he was a firefighter!! And even held the rank of chief. I don't believe anyone else in Congress (House and Senate) can say they are or were a firefighter. And if they are or were one, they certainly are keeping that info under wraps. Curt's office took calls from all over the country because he was the "fire expert". Someone had a question or a problem, they called him. Didn't matter what state or what party line. How do I know this? I worked for him for almost 2 years in DC.

As noted under the Grant forum, visit www.cfsi.org and see if your Senators and Congressman are members of the Fire Caucus. Get to know their DC and District office fire staffers (sometimes the person that handles Military and Homeland Security issues) on a first name basis and be nice, also invite them to the fire house and/or for a ride-along -- education is the key especially with the new batch coming in January.

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Gosh... I see that the Governor of Minnesota received Firepac money too. He also is a Republican. When you bash our Union, at least have some facts to back it up.
    Our Governor recieved his pac money from the Minnesota Professional Firefighters, an organization of which I am proud to say, our union does not belong. Theres a fact for you.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by sconfire
    Head hunting... plain and simple. Nothing will come of it because there is nothing there.
    It was the appearance of the impropriety that got him defeated.
    Look; the Republican party didn't solicit congressional pages or send them salacious emails. Mark Foley did. Look at the damage done. Hastert's seat was in jeopardy over the whole thing.
    There were no less than eight Republicans who lost their re-elections because they were under investigation for various reasons. In a country that is founded on the principle of innocent until proven guilty, the voters showed impatience by believing the worst and voting for someone else.
    Our own governor is under investigation, but won overwhelmingly. The congressional candidate from my district orchestrated a scheme to funnel illegal campaign funds to his then boss. See FEC v. Friends of Lane Evans. The finance director at the time was the congressional candidate's campaign manager this time around. Because of the "Victory Fund", the Evans campaign was fined $185,000. And yet, he was still elected. All you heard this election year was that people wanted changed. They wanted to throw crooks out and those who used their positions for influence.
    It doesn't look like that to me.
    CR

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Gosh... I see that the Governor of Minnesota received Firepac money too. He also is a Republican. When you bash our Union, at least have some facts to back it up.

Leave a comment:

• MIKEYLIKESIT
    replied
    Knowledge is power

Hate to break it to you Rum, but Weldon was endorsed by the IAFF...And received Firepac money.IAFF Scorecard
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Yea, but he is Republican, and any union guy has been preached too, day in and day out about the evils of voting Rupublican. So in retrospec, the IAFF and it's locals should be celebrating.
    Who cares the good he did.
    PS can anyone show the same care of fire service he showed from Pelosi, Clinton, or Kerry? I'm talking action, not lip service.

Leave a comment:

• SBrooks
    replied
    Steny Hoyer, House Whip - Elect, member of Fire Caucus since it's inception, co-chair of the Fire Caucus, friend of firefighters, paid & volunteer.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X